[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hip Hop
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: Jay-Z-Nas.jpg (31 KB, 400x321) Image search: [Google]
Jay-Z-Nas.jpg
31 KB, 400x321
Who's the better rapper /mu/?
>>
nasty nas in yur area
>>
>>63624841
So are you answering Nas sir?
>>
>>63624785
Nas, Jay-Z got ethered.
>>
>>63624785
obviously nas. jay-z just had better business deals and shit with rich white people who made him famous.
>>
i'm better than both of them, but being white in a black man world of rap means you won't ever be accepted as an equal. kinda sad, society has still much to progress about.
>>
>>63624903
Even when we are accepted, how long before we can say nigga? I have lost so many tight phat rhymes because I can't say nigga.
>>
>>63624952
Hire a black guy to say nigga for you, hype man style
>>
>>63624903
>eminem
>mac miller
>action bronson
>logic
>g-eazy

haha k fag
>>
>>63624887
I knew someone was going to say this.
It's the number one troglodyte answer to write away Jay's skill.
Well actually maybe not number one, it alternates between "Jay Z is only praised because he has money/I respect Jay Z's business skill but rapping he's not up there" and "something something if biggie or pac or big l were alive he'd be working at Mcdonalds".
Also what the fuck does Jay's later activity have to do with his pre 2000 fame building which is when he became a star?
>>63624883
What the fuck does ether have to do with anything?
>>
>>63625041
you asked who was better. sure jay-z is a good rapper, but hes not better than nas
>>
>>63625216
You can think that, though I would vehemently disagree and post measurable evidence that he is at least on par and ahead in some aspects as a technical rapper.
But trying to offset Jay Z's success by referencing his business acumen has and always will be a totally bunk argument.
>>
>>63625597
technical skill doesnt mean better. are you new to music?
>>
>>63625686
No, technical skill doesn't mean much to me otherwise i'd probably be a Lupe or Eminem or some underground rapper fanboy and Kanye wouldn't be my second favorite rapper.
But If I'm asking who's a better rapper then i'm solely referring to technical skill because that's something that's actually measurable, so you know metaphors/entendres/syllables etc etc.
I also believe Hov is a better writer than Nas in general but that's besides the point.
>>
jay-z isn't a one album wonder for starters
>>
>>63626027
the fuck? lol you havent heard much nas then. jay-z's rhymes are basic as fuck. nas can do mulitples for entire verses. jay-z never does that.
>>
New Question:
The firm?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJQILHR8Dpw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xRmrOLFjqo
Or
Murder Inc. ?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_xPNLT-S7A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14VPjosFJXo
>>
>>63626158
He is a no album wonder. Hes boring af.
>>
>>63626224
I've listened to every Nas album and in the past week i've re-listened to five of his albums.
If you think Jay Z can't do multi-syllable rhymes across entire verses than you need to re0listen to his catalog.
But admittedly, that's not his style in the same way it would be for a Nas or an Eminem.
Jay-Z is much more concerned with punchlines and entendre's and using thing's like metaphors and similies in more creative ways than Nas, which leads to him not doing that type of rhyming (in the same way) as much.
And that's the one aspect of technical rhyming Jay is undeniably better than Nas in.
Nas is not a clever emcee, well you have to be clever to do multi-syllable rhymes , but bar for bar he's not capable of touching that aspect of emceeing, which is something Jay actually excels in.
And rhyming like that while still maintaining excellent internal rhyme schemes is something i'd argue is more impressive.
>>
File: mfw.jpg (320 KB, 944x950) Image search: [Google]
mfw.jpg
320 KB, 944x950
>>63626158
it was written
i am
gods son
>>
>>63626919
Why use I Am and God's son rather than say Life Is Good or Lost Tapes?
>>
>>63627005
literally havent heard those
stillmatic is good too
>>
>>63626639
well now were just running in circles and proving music is subjective lol k u like jayz more and i like nas more. i like jay-z's blueprint 2 style when it was like faster raw like on "give it to me" compared to his other ones. so ya.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.