[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's your main source of obscure music? Is it here in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4
File: workoutmusics02.png (921 KB, 1400x806) Image search: [Google]
workoutmusics02.png
921 KB, 1400x806
What's your main source of obscure music? Is it here in sharethreads, essential charts, etc

posting charts in the meantime
>>
I trawl the sharethread archives.

Recent pleasant surprises:

Okhotsk - 1
Osamu Kitajima - Benzaiten
Khana dok mai pa - Thui chai dam
>>
>browsing specifically for obscure music

I just browse normally and sometimes an album I'm interested in happens to be obscure
>>
File: 1358730305915.png (777 KB, 1024x1124) Image search: [Google]
1358730305915.png
777 KB, 1024x1124
>>63624752
oh i do the same, heh i can't find your first example anywhere online

>>63624809
i guess I mean exploring new music in general after having listened to most /mu/core and wanting more areas to explore
At this point most of it is usually somewhat obscure
>>
sharethreads are garbage
mu circlejerks about the same few genres, artists and labels to no end
if you want to actually expand your taste you can start by playing around in discogs
see an artist you like, see who he worked with, and then you start to to find stuff
rym can be interesting sometimes but remember that the community is not very diverse
and no, I'm not talking about top charts
people bash lastfm but I've found decent stuff from the recs
since they are based on tags and listeners, you take the human factor out, I think it gives nice results sometimes
blogs are good to both find and download hidden stuff, since they try to stay hidden from the big labels and copyright claims
other than those, read
articles, news, books, hell, even wikipedia is good to find music
but yeah, like this guy said >>63624809
don't go look for music solely because it's obscure, dig for whatever you find interesting
>>
>>63624710
I generally don't download as much music as other people, I find, so a lot of the new music I find is either stuff that comes up in conversation with friends or interesting looking stuff I happen to come across on here.
>>
Go to vintage record stores, or really anywhere that sells old music that most people don't want, and look for any covers that catch your eye and are unrecognizable, then steal it. Steal whatever you can really, even if you have to resort to share threads you gotta steal steal steal. The best deal is free baby. And when this starts to get boring and you're music starts to feel less and less obscure, especially since you have to keep up with all of your beautiful patrician friends (which you have definitely made at this point or else you haven't stolen enough yet) who are close to finding out your true plebdom, you gotta start finding the most obscure forms of music. The type that usually has one existing copy. That's right, you gotta start breaking into homes and stealing every graduation video, children's piano recital recordings, and even wedding tapes. I'd recommend casing the house for a couple days to make sure that you know when its safe to break in and achieve your true form, but if you're a little impatient I'd recommend carrying a gun or something to protect/intimidate yourself from any disgruntled residents who will fight to the death to protect their sacred art. If your gathering turns to bloodshed always remember to leave piles of salt near the door in your music room, to keep away any vengeful spirits. Do not exorcise the tapes because the ghosts may effect them in unique ways, leading you to have to most patrician collection. Follow these steps and you will be whole again.
>>
>>63624710
wonderful rainbow is always my go to workout album
>>
>>63624880
>patrician pop
>no pic related
>>
File: sissy-spacek-2015-euro-tour.jpg (811 KB, 1000x1415) Image search: [Google]
sissy-spacek-2015-euro-tour.jpg
811 KB, 1000x1415
>>63624947
sharethreads have been waning in quality, you're right

I've found a lot from exploring wikipedia genre pages, I'll stick to that and discogs

>>63625134
do you have a musical group of friends? or a music scene around you? my friends dont really give a shit about music past their own handful of stuff

>>63625384
thanks for taking time out of your life for me not to find this interesting to read

>>63625538
its a good one, brian chippendale is wild
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxSi4a0Ygk8

>>63625578
what's this?
>>
>>63625658
not really, just friends from various places who happen to be into music. Most of them also browse /mu/ actually.
>>
>>63624880
>patrician pop
You mean pretentious anti intellectual horse shit.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.