[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: Green-Day-2015.png (346 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Green-Day-2015.png
346 KB, 500x500
What went wrong?
>>
21CB
>>
>>63624697
This
They had a solid discography up until then
>>
getting old and trying too hard
>>
>>63624759
What was wrong with 21CB?
>>
>>63624686
The question is, why won't they break up?
>>
>>63624697
Warning.
>>
>>63624789
>I was a young boy that had big plans, now I'm just another shitty old man
>>
They did what every other 90s band did, had great albums for a few years then just released uninspired shit
>>
>>63624805
because then what?

I have a hard time seeing a path for Billie Joe to age gracefully. He's been doing the mallpunk teenybopper heartthrob thing for so long, he's getting up to the age where he just can't do it anymore and yet he's been doing it so long that he can't just stop and try to be taken seriously as just a songwriter. People are still going to see him as a clown. He has basically no potential audience outside of the teen one he's been working his entire career.
>>
>>63625017
Maybe he could pull off the shaggy greasy old guy look Steven Tyler does.
>>
>>63624791
Aside from 21 guns it was full of forgettable songs
>>
>>63625017
Interesting point. They'll be alright.

Im gonna rate their albums just because I feel like it. Honestly 1039 should be higher on the list. their other album i don't own so they ain't on the list.

1. Nimrod
2. Dookie
3. American Idiot
4. Uno!
5. International Superhits
6. Smoothed Out Slappy Hours
7. Insomniac
8. Warning
>>
>>63624950
No way. I haven't really listened to much of their catalog outside of Dookie, but Green Day has had a pretty impressive career trajectory. Busted into the mainstream with the Dookie megahit, had a another big commercial peak with Good Riddance, reinvented themselves into Hot Topic U2 on American Idiot and were the biggest fucking thing for the 3rd time in their career. Green Day were a big exception among bands from that time. No other pop-punk band comes anywhere close to pulling it off for as long as they have.

>>63625095
Man have you seen him in that Skittles commercial? He looks like some kind of shamanic Hugh Hefner. That ain't too bad. Shaggy greasy old guy... now that's like Tom Petty or something.
>>
>>63624686
Everything that could.
>>
>>63625143
How could you rate international superhits so low when it is literally their best songs together?
>>
>>63625367
good point. if I'm being honest with myself, I like International Superhits a lot more than i gave it credit.
>>
what went wrong? Nothing

Just that punk died the day Sid Vicious did.

The Clash sold their asses to Levi's. That was the nail in the coffin.

Punk rock in 1990 was a joke. And people took GD seriously. Once the laughter stopped, those idiots should have taken the money and run. But they believed their own mith.

Having a guy in his late 40's boarding a plane wearing eyeliner and manic panic dye and being a dick to the crew because "im a rockstar" is the most patethic thing
>>
>>63624828
something something fuck youuuuu
>>
>>63624791
imo, it was a far less substantive attempt at recreating the success of AI
>>
>>63625143
>4. Uno!
>7. Insomniac
What the fuck?
>>
What the fuck when did spencer rice join green day
>>
>>63625554
>mith
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.