[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Be completely honest, why don't you like Phish? Have you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: phish.jpg (174 KB, 800x620) Image search: [Google]
phish.jpg
174 KB, 800x620
Be completely honest, why don't you like Phish? Have you even given them an honest chance outside of studio albums (which aren't that bad)? Not saying that if you don't like them, you are stupid, but you cannot like them if you are a dummy.
>>
i commented on a newstory about them saying "Phish is the best? what a joke... Make Music Great Again" or something like that and a bunch of phish fans started messaging me and insulting me so no anon i won't listen to them
>>
>>63622343
>Be completely honest, why don't you like Phish?

Huh? Who said I don't?

THE ANSWER? YOU DID, OP. DON'T MAKE ASSUMPTIONS.
>>
>>63622481
I thought the general consensus of /mu/ on Phish is that they are shit, and it boggles my mind how people don't appreciate talented, innovative musicians. They are America's best kept musical secret.
>>
Hold up my man, I love Phish actually!
>>
Where should I start with Phish?
>>
4chan users don't get much sun so bands that are only memorable because of their live performances don't really get brought up much here.
>>
File: Front - slip.stitch.and.pass.jpg (235 KB, 600x596) Image search: [Google]
Front - slip.stitch.and.pass.jpg
235 KB, 600x596
>>63622687
You could start from the beginning and move along, which works well, but I think [picture related to this insert] is a good mix of their jammy and non-jammy ways.
>>
>>63622687
Live shows in general. Their studio work is okay, but they really shine in a live setting. Their main thing is group improvisation, and after 30 years of playing together, have a chemistry and communication that is equaled by few, so their improvisation sections can really take off to soaring heights. I will link a couple of songs that can get your feet wet.
>>
>>63622687
>>63622776
Instead of a single song, I'm going to link you a single video that covers two aspects of Phish: funk and space. They meld together many different genres due to a larger amount of influences than most artists. This video has them in their 3rd incarnation, which is present day. If this is good enough to intrigue you some more, move onto their late 90's stuff, which is arguably their best era, which I personally agree. Cheers!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spUcxBFEpBM
>>
>>63622343
scruffy loves em, so i thought mu did too
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.