[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How did Snoop Dogg go from being one of the best at Death Row
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2
File: 1459007874794.jpg (252 KB, 983x1013) Image search: [Google]
1459007874794.jpg
252 KB, 983x1013
How did Snoop Dogg go from being one of the best at Death Row to a normalfag meme for white people?
>>
He completely brought it on himself.
>>
He did a bunch of stupid, low quality shit for some money and now is 20000% meme
>>
Reincarnation had a few decent tracks
>>
>>63619797
>>63619755
How so?

Obviously, with Doggfather I can understand. Dre's production helped make Doggystyle. The producer, who's name escapes me, did well on Doggfather but no way near as good.

Now, Snoop is a rasta and making songs for Tekken. Calling out that loony Crip from Long Beach was dope though.
>>
He's done like three collaborations with Willie Nelson.
>>
He wanted to step away from the gangster life when he almost when he almost got sent to prison for murder. It was a brilliant move since the gangster scene isn't relevant anymore.
>>
>>63619861
Didn't that guy wanna legalise weed? Makes sense, if that was the case.
>>63619912
That was in 96 or something though, right? Biggie kept gangsta rap relevant at the time amongst others.
>>
>>63619953
>biggie
>gangsta rap

The fuck am I reading.

Also anyone know that music video that features snoop by that flamboyantly faggy white rapper? That's enough proof of how much of a joke he is.
>>
I like his new Bush album. It's more r&b and funk than rap tho
>>
>>63620011
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gangsta_rap
>Notorious B.I.G
>9 of 9
>Biggie
>3 of 3
>>
>>63620011
My bad. He was obviously inspired ATCQ and did feel good RnB.
>>
i thought 7 days of funk was one of the most underrated things to come out recently do my thang and niggaz hit da pavement are still my jamz.
>>
He was rich for 25 years and smoked himself stupid
>>
>>63619719
because he survived
>>
Because he's only in this for the money and doesn't care about only being in it for the money.

He's from the hood, he knows what it's like to not have money, he knows what it's like to live in poverty and be surrounded by violence. He doesn't want that. So he does what makes him the most money.

A lot of these rappers are too concerned about their "street cred" to openly admit that they're in it for the money. Snoop doesn't give a shit. That's why he's one of the few classic 90s rappers who's still extremely rich and still regularly raking in the cash.

Katy Perry wants a feature? Sure. Make a shitty movie with Wiz Khalifa about smoking weed? Sure. A weird Korean man with a stupid viral dance wants a feature? Sure.

If it makes him money, he'll do it and he's doing really well because of it.
>>
The original DJ Khaled
>>
>>63620537
Wrong thread, fuccboi.
>>63620561
Damn, you're right.
>>
>>63620546
the best part is that he doesn't even seem to be cynical about it
he's enjoying everything he does because his life is the best it can be
>>
Dude does songs with Lil fucking Dickey now for Christ's sake

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlU4FuIJT2k

He's become a full blown meme
>>
Isn't he one of the only artists who didn't treat Nardwuar like shit before the internet age?
>>
>>63619719
Those aren't mutually exclusive. All mainstream hip hop is for "normalfag" whites.
>>
>>63620619
precisely, excellent barometer of how nice and down to earth an artist is. good judgement anon.
>>
>>63619836
>Snoop is a rasta and making songs for Tekken
thats over and done with. He realized how retarded snoop lion was and gave it up. Now hes snoop again. And he gunna be on the last true Studio Album that the late great J Dilla wanted 2 release before he died https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Diary_(J_Dilla_album)
>>
>>63620597
Exactly. He doesn't fucking care. He just does what gets him money and has fun with it.
>>
>>63620618
If Viper paid him, he would do a feature on a fucking Viper album.

Snoop Dogg does not care about the quality of the music he cares about how much money he's making because he's in the music industry for the money and does not hide that fact because he's a fucking g.
>>
>>63620777
He's not a "fucking g," he's lame as fuck. I respect his hustle (because there's nothing wrong with doing something solely for the money), but let's not pretend he's cool or gangster for hopping on tracks with memerappers and not giving a fuck about his music anymore.
>>
>>63620893
>Snoop claimed in a 2006 interview with Rolling Stone magazine that unlike other hip hop artists who had superficially adopted the pimp persona, he was an actual professional pimp in 2003 and 2004, saying "That shit was my natural calling and once I got involved with it, it became fun. It was like shootin' layups for me. I was makin' 'em every time". He went on to say that upon the advice of some of the other pimps he knew, he eventually gave up pimping to spend more time with his family.[14]
>>
>>63620893

"fucking g" in this context means a fun, smart guy. cool and gangster are irrelevant now.

snoop's a candid nigga.
>>
File: Problem Solver.jpg (72 KB, 956x960) Image search: [Google]
Problem Solver.jpg
72 KB, 956x960
>>63620242
YES, I'm so glad that i am not the only one here who has listened to that, personally faden away is my favorite song on the album.
>>
White people made him rich (gave him his freedom) so he feels like he owes them something. Very loyal guy.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.