[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is this the best power electronics album? i like it a lot
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4
File: Whitehouse_-_Bird_Seed.jpg (18 KB, 316x316) Image search: [Google]
Whitehouse_-_Bird_Seed.jpg
18 KB, 316x316
is this the best power electronics album?
i like it a lot
>>
I love Bird Seed, but I would have to prefer Mummy and Daddy. You have to listen to Mummy and Daddy. It is a perfect album. But those two are 10/10s for me.
>>
>>63619298
Any others I should check out? Racket and Asceticists 2006 are pretty good
>>
>>63619318
Cruise is really good too. In my opinion, I wouldn't recommend any of their stuff before like 1994, I mean there are a handful of good tracks they did, but I think it's skippable. But for some reason 1994-2007 was their golden age. So most work in that time was really good.
>>
>>63619171
I enjoyed Bird Seed. Made me feel absolutely wretched.
>>
>>63619457
thanks m8
their discography is pretty intimidating
the lyrics are fantastic though
>>
>>63619554
But if you haven't already, you have to listen to Mummy and Daddy. It is probably the most frightening album, not only in Whitehouse's discography, but in music. You have to listen to the lyrics too, to understand it. It's quite the experience. Definitely my favourite album
>>
the audio clips depress me
listening to Private right now
>>
>>63619298
>>63619739
I want to pick this album up physical but I'm afraid I'll get put on a watch list for the album cover.
>>
>>63619813
You won't. It's not even sexual in any way.
>>
>>63619739
Is there a reason why this is the only one that isn't on LP yet?
>>
>>63619945
I don't exactly know... I just have this on CD and digital. They should release it on Vinyl
>>
File: seer of decay.jpg (19 KB, 271x245) Image search: [Google]
seer of decay.jpg
19 KB, 271x245
>>63619171
its actually pic related also cruise is better
>>
>>63619945
>>63620146
According to Bennett, it's largely not up to him but rather if the reissuing label wants to put it out. Want Mummy and Daddy on vinyl? Send an email to Very Friendly and ask them to reissue it. With enough people asking maybe it'll get done.
>>
Does anyone have a chart of essential power electronics? I really like Bird Seed but don't really listen to power electronics/noise in general.
>>
>>63620267
I would be pretty amazed if they do it, honestly a couple people would buy it and it's an album from nearly twenty years ago. But that would be really sweet.
>>
File: 330.jpg (381 KB, 840x750) Image search: [Google]
330.jpg
381 KB, 840x750
>>63620404
>>
>>63620528
Replace, "Dedicated to Peter Kurten" with Mummy and Daddy. M&D is 100x better.
>>
>>63620528
>prurient
>power electronics
and how the fuckre you gonna call that ffh thing an essential
>>
>>63620713
prurient is power electronics, good job showing that you haven't listened to shit yet still want to show that you're "above an artist".
>>
>>63620611
I wouldn't personally.

M&D is fucking great, but I personally think the whitehouse albums on the chart are better starting points.

Maybe replace Psychopathia Sexualis with Bird Seed.
>>
>>63620611
>>63620713
Hey buddies, I didn't make the chart. Plenty of stuff I'd swap out on that one. Where were you guys when /noise/ was putting it together?

And that FFH album is fantastic.
>>
>/mu/ meme kids thinking their opinions on power electronics matter because they know how to drone RYM charts for the genre

please no

>>63620713
hahaha, you don't have a clue
>>
>>63620739
i dont think im above pririent, i like a lot of his stuff but i dont consider any of it trve pe
>>
>>63620874
*prurient fuck
>>
>>63620865
like an idiot i was on rym
>>
>>63620874
""trve" pe" doesn't exist. It fits the criteria for PE, so it's PE. Especially Pleasure Ground.

>>63620871
ah, the intelligent one is here. Here to whine about /noise/ again?
>>
>>63620926
Goddamn. Condolences.

>>63620739
There's some Prurient that would fit power electronics the bill, but really Pleasure Ground isn't it.
>>
>>63620874
>>63620967
do you even know what a PE album is supposed to sound like?
do you know which elements it's supposed to be made out of in terms of sound and concept and presentation?
pleasure ground is quintessential PE, it's an album that almost feels like it was built up with the intention of strictly abiding by the markings of the genre

>>63620961
>Here to whine about /noise/ again?
>again

huh
who even cares about /noise/, it's a dead general that was never good anyway
>>
>>63620967
you haven't listened to Pleasure Ground if you think that Military Road & Earthworks/Buried in Secret aren't PE. The other half may tread into DI, but it's PE, regardless.
>>
>>63621049
oh, hi sal. Mistook you for some other angry whiny autist.
>>
>>63620865
Obviously you didn't make the chart. In my opinion I would rather have Birdseed be the first impression of Whitehouse
>>
File: proper european noise.jpg (652 KB, 963x682) Image search: [Google]
proper european noise.jpg
652 KB, 963x682
have u listened to the essentials today?
>>
>>63621099
lmao
>>
>>63621096
who the fuck is sal
what, do you think an artist just throws shit at the wall and if he realizes that what he ended up with is a PE album that's what he settles for? that there's no way to deliberately make an album that abides by the rules of the genre while still carving out an individual vision?
even the fucking visual design and artwork of pleasure ground has an element of tribute to the 80s mail art PE scene to it, i don't understand how you dipshits are not understanding this(well actually i do, it's because the only awareness you have of that scene are entry-level bands like whitehouse and SJ, and even those you only pilfered from RYM without knowing anything about their backgrounds)
>>
>>63621049
>>63621064
I'm man enough to admit when I'm wrong. It'd been a while since I'd listened to it and was thinking of Bermuda Drain.
>>
>>63621255
I'm the guy who's arguing that PG is PE, we're on the same page. I was more referencing that you weren't a guy I thought you were.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.