[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw listened to about 800 albums so far yet none of the RYM top 5
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2
>tfw listened to about 800 albums so far yet none of the RYM top 5
>>
Can I suck your dick?
>>
>>63616941
OK Computer really is the greatest album ever.
>>
I love real music like radiohead pink floyd and the beatles
>>
OKC and DSoTM are trash. TVU&N, WYWH, and Kid A are good I suppose.
>>
giving OK Computer a listen, finally.

the first track is really unremarkable and poorly mixed
>>
>>63617138
It doesn't get any better from there.
>>
>>63617138
>Airbag is unremarkable
shit taste
>>
>>63617047
not even the best radiohead record
>>
>>63617194
tell me how it's good
>>
>>63617138
Plen desu famiglia
>>
Are you doing it just to be edgy or is it not your taste? Kid A is a fun listen.
>>
File: Thomyorkdance.gif (495 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
Thomyorkdance.gif
495 KB, 500x281
>>63617047
That would be Kid A.

Also posting in bait thread.
>>
>>63616941
The only album in the top 5 of rym that i don't really like is TVU. the other 4 are incredible albums
>>
>>63617240
Even though the drumming and bass playing is sporadic they still lock in really well. The track grooves but in an unexpected way
>>
>>63618148
Even better bait than OP. Congrats.
>>
>>63618188
I was not baiting
Im just not a fan of TVU, at all, and i love Radiohead and Pink Floyd
>>
How many of the top 100 do y'all have in y'all collections? I only have 29.
>>
>>63618188
How is my OP post bait? I literally have had no interest in listening to the Top 5, and after finishing OK Computer, I don't think I'll try out the other 4 for another few months.

RYM's Top 100 is terrible.
>>
>OK Computer as not only the greatest rock album ever made, but the greatest album of any type of music ever made

How do RYM folks still use this site with a straight face? How do you live with yourself?
>>
>>63618332
Personally i think the rym top 100 are mostly great albums

And well, i love Ok Computer and i think it's a solid 9/10, but i respect your opinion
>>
>>63617047

This statement is factually correct.
>>
>>63618347
There are thousands of albums with higher ratings, it just has the most ratings of any album and also a very high rating
>>
>>63618445
There is a trend in rym that the more album is rated, the rating goes downwards.

that's why 3.80 with 1000 ratings is lower than 3.79 with 5000 ratings.
>>
>>63618358
Go fuck urself
>>
>>63618332
>RYM's Top 100 is terrible.
not terrible but heavily overrated by normies, ok computer is a 7/10, not the best album ever.
>>
>>63618482
Yeah I know

RYM didn't decide that it was the best album, it just happens to be the album that is most critically acclaimed among millennial rock listeners. And RYM is a site for millennials who listen to (first and foremost) rock. Big surprise
>>
>>63617047
This is objectively correct
>>
>>63616941
>800 albums
>A lot

Nice b8
>>
>>63618686
in the long run 800 obviously isn't a lot by any means, but it's somewhat unusual to ignore the most highly acclaimed records for that long
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.