[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Gives Radiohead and David Bowie 6 >gives Dream Theater
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 8
File: PierpScaruffi.jpg (30 KB, 548x308) Image search: [Google]
PierpScaruffi.jpg
30 KB, 548x308
>Gives Radiohead and David Bowie 6
>gives Dream Theater and Fear Factory 8

Ehy do we take him seriosuly?
>>
File: scaruffi-on-bowie.png (320 KB, 548x342) Image search: [Google]
scaruffi-on-bowie.png
320 KB, 548x342
>>
because he likes 12 year old girls
>>
File: for what purpose.jpg (26 KB, 400x562) Image search: [Google]
for what purpose.jpg
26 KB, 400x562
>when you search on his home page for an artist, it brings you to google search, just to bring you back to his site and find his reviews of said artist

who in the fuck designs a website like this and why
>>
Radiohead are U2-tier bullshit

David Bowie did nothing original in his life

Dream Theater brought progressive metal to the mainstream and influenced millions of bands (even if you don't like this or not)

Fear Factory are bad
>>
>>63617224
prediction about this anon: you've never had a girlfriend, OR if you have she looked almost identical to you.
>>
>>63617308
go away whiteboy
>>
>>63617329
>go away whiteboy.
fuck off. as if youre a black metal fan...
>>
File: 1454172003758.png (66 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1454172003758.png
66 KB, 200x200
>>63617224
>dream theater
>doing anything good
>>
Radiohead is just U2 with higher production quality and more studio effects, not to mention that he's given them 2 7/10s which is a compliment

David Bowie has a 7.5 from Scaruffi which kinda renders your cherry picking pointless, but everything that got a 6 is pretty mediocre

Meme Theater is shit, but Images and Words is still pretty solid and better than anything that Bowie or RH have done

Fear Factory is bad though
>>
>>63616634
I've been a pretty huge fan of both at different times in my life and I can see why he'd do that desu.

Dream Theater is a meme band here but they're actually a very unique band still, sometimes they neglect musicianship to just show off pointless shred but they've never been just that, musically they write some of the most cohesive and interesting stuff out there. Most competition to it seem messy or unorganized really in comparison. Their sound is very tight but also fluid.

Don't disregard a band just because some annoying neckbeards listen to them too. They're pretty good even though I haven't really listened to them in a few years, wasn't big on the last couple albums.

I think Radiohead has way better lyricism and know what they're doing without the flair but it's still not unbelievable for dream theater to rank higher.
>>
yeah, no radiohead album is above a 5
>>
>>63617224
>David Bowie did nothing original in his life
Objectively wrong. Everything he did was fresh and original. He rarely if ever repeated himself.
>>
File: lefrog.jpg (10 KB, 249x242) Image search: [Google]
lefrog.jpg
10 KB, 249x242
>but /mu/ told me metal was a meme

kill urself my man
>>
>he fell for the David Memewie Meme
>>
File: b.png (12 KB, 817x774) Image search: [Google]
b.png
12 KB, 817x774
>>63617224
>>63617482
>>
>>63617490
>>63617600
>DUDE FAST MUSIC WITH NO FEELING LMAO!
>>
Wow, this thread is garbo.
>>
>>63617665
the problem is they're not like that at all. They actually have tons of great songs and their best moments are their less ridiculous ones.
Their musicianship is amazing really, every song of theirs has a notable melody you can take away from it that would be the highlight of plenty of other albums. Like to say otherwise is just stupid.

That being said I completely agree because I HATE their shred moments and pointless wankfest guitar solos, they've been doing them more and more as time's gone on and it's why i've stopped listening to them basically.

Just don't write them off because of that, it's mostly just their keyboardist/guitarist doing fanservice for the majority of their shitty fanbase lately, but I can still harbor some major respect for them for what they've done musically when they aren't being retards.

Octavarium is considered the ultimate neckbeard w/e but it's actually a really interesting album and the title track had some incredible musicianship it's just really uh, dramatic and stuff so when people move into more humble music like indie they think less of stuff like that i think.
>>
>>63617885
>>63617885
>DUDE AEOLIAN MODE LMAO!
>>
>>63617224
See >>63616662
>>
File: Capture.jpg (29 KB, 335x219) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
29 KB, 335x219
>>
>>63617948
aeolian mode is just minor wtf u talkin bout
it's not about their modes or their time signatures even though it's interesting what they do with them sometimes. They straight up just make catchy listenable music.
>>
>>63617224
>David Bowie did nothing original in his life
W E W L A D
>>
>>63618474

name one original and/or innovative thing Bowie did

note: introducing something to the masses DOESN'T COUNT if it was already done by other musicians, even if they are/were nowhere near as famous
>>
File: 1458012687666.jpg (14 KB, 262x305) Image search: [Google]
1458012687666.jpg
14 KB, 262x305
>>63617224
>>
>>63618527
He was the first gay man to make music
>>
>>63616634
>Ehy do we take him seriosuly?

Because he was a meme and then newfags came in and didn't realize he was a meme and started thinking they were supposed to trust his opinions
>>
>>63618527
Used the internet for distributing his music.
>>
>>63618527
Backed a couple of the most influential musicians of our time for example lou reed and iggy pop.
>>
>>63618807
so /mu/ used to like him then slowly began getting more bored each time they jacked off to him until eventually they moved on and began lying about ever having relations with that meme.
>>
>>63618923
>>63618821
>>63618783

those aren't MUSICAL innovations you jackwongs
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.