[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw we'll never be as smart as /lit/ or /sci/ Music
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: arcadefire.jpg (39 KB, 400x364) Image search: [Google]
arcadefire.jpg
39 KB, 400x364
>tfw we'll never be as smart as /lit/ or /sci/

Music is a shitty, stupid field.
>>
I'm sorry for ruining your shitty bait thread buddy but I've been waiting all day to do this
check em
>>
books and science are all objective.
music is subjective, how can you be smart if people like and agree on completely different things?
>>
Having a passion for music /= stupid
>>
For /sci/ it's obvious, most people who go there have degrees in their fields (or are working on it) so their discussion are based on some knowledge.
But I'll never understand the "/lit/ is good" meme, using longer words to sound intelligent doesn't mean you are. Maybe they have a longer attention span than music listeners but that's about it.
>>
>>63613234

>books are objective.

Dude.
>>
/sci/ is full of literal retards pretending to be smart. /lit/ isn't bad though
>>
File: et tu pepe.png (31 KB, 606x425) Image search: [Google]
et tu pepe.png
31 KB, 606x425
>>63613202
We have our Literary and Scientific equivalents you poptimist moron

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUVNtDxlTP8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yk717tZzKkk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apzSvM6Esdc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXQ2-uD_4LU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEY9lmCZbIc
>>
>>63613285

Said like a faggot that doesn't read books.
>>
/mu/ is shit

/sci/ and /lit/ aren't filled with le epic ironic filthy frank memers like this board is.
>>
File: 1441124484253.png (1 MB, 1062x960) Image search: [Google]
1441124484253.png
1 MB, 1062x960
>>63613353
no it's not
>>
>/lit/
>smart

nice meme, you faggots ruined /lit/ and now is just a bunch of memes, can't wait for the epic spongebob memes.
>>
I used to browse /sci/ but quit a long time ago because it descended to a load of high schoolers pretending they knew about string theory, it's a shit-tier board
>>
/sci/ and /lit/ are far worse than /mu/. They have even more pseudointellectual memers than we do, and that's a very impressive feat.
>>
>4chan
>smart

It's just a big hugbox of neets
>>
>/lit/
dude infinite jest

all three boards are shit in different ways
/mu/ is just the most shit because music is the artistic lowest common denominator, and people know that a lot of "dank memes: come from here so they flock in droves
all of 4chan is trash, and yet here i am
>>
/lit/ made me read Infinite Jest

fuck them
>>
>>63613864
Goddamn are we really the most shit? I thought music was fucking hard to make... that depresses me to end
>>
>science and literature doesn't affect music

lol what

have you heard of audio physics

have you heard of philosophy in relation to music
>>
>>63613202
>/lit/ or /sci/
>smart

kek looks like you browsed there for 10 minutes
>>
>>63613892

>pretending to have read it

:^)
>>
>>63613202
>/lit/
>smart
M8, I do critical and academic writing for a living. /lit/ is quite literally a board full of high school-level analysis and pseudointellectualism, with a healthy measure of /v/-tier groupthink and contrarianism. They don't judge literary works on any remotely objective factors. They judge it based purely on what they think will score them the most smartie points among the other board users.

/mu/ is prone to some of the same behaviours, but it still manages to be a cut above /lit/, however slightly so.
>>
>>63614155
>/lit/ is quite literally a board full of high school-level analysis and pseudointellectualism, with a healthy measure of /v/-tier groupthink and contrarianism. They don't judge literary works on any remotely objective factors. They judge it based purely on what they think will score them the most smartie points among the other board users.

I don't go on /lit/ but that perfectly describes /mu/

t. Professional musician for 10 years
>>
>>63614210
Trust me senpai, /lit/ is so much worse for it. Like I say, we're prone to some of the same behaviours here, but pretentious would-be literary critics are so, so much worse than pretentious would-be music critics.
>>
I have a PhD, i'm a smart guy and I can tell you music is far from being a stupid field.
>>
ever since the influx of redditors on /lit/ its become pretty bad.

also the brazilians that read english novels translated to portuguese need to leave
>>
>>63614026

I read most of it :C more than enough to not like it.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.