[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
poseurcore
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3
File: 1456951857179.jpg (828 KB, 1597x1437) Image search: [Google]
1456951857179.jpg
828 KB, 1597x1437
what is this awful meme
>>
>>63612856
It's not saying these albums are bad, they're just the "the list goes on" when it comes to avant-garde music. If someone is into these but doesn't know anything else of the genres, it shows that they're just using it for attention.
>>
I like all of not most of those albums and even I think that the fanbase for them is awful.
>>
>>63612856
its some fake garbage to shame people out of liking things
>>
>>63612850

this applies here as well
>>
You perpetuate it by posting it, you dumb fucker.
>>
>>63612898
But there is a problem in that. It has become so that if you just even mention that you like any of these albums your opinions should be immediately discarded.

/mu/ have become a place where every album has some stupid derogatory term to it. "Memerap", "Dadrock", "Poseurcore"... I mean /mu/ has always been unbearably elitist, but there were at least arguments about the music thereafter. Now we just sling out these words like it's honest and good criticism.
>>
Nobody hates the albums themselves. It's taking a stab at their fanbases for being "the list goes on" incarnates.

Examples:

>I LOVE Freak Folk! Exuma, Comus, Sun City Girls, the list goes on...
>I LOVE Noise Rock! Les Rallizes Denudes, Fushitsusha, the list goes on...
>I LOVE Industrial! Coil, Throbbing Gristle, the list goes on... (bonus points for calling NIN or Marilyn Manson some equivalent of "normiedustrial")
>I LOVE Post-Punk! This Heat, Psychic TV, the list goes on...
>>
>>63613026

99% of people aren't even going to make it to Coil and Les Rallizes Denudes

what is the point of in being a dick to the already incredibly scarce number of people that are interested in this kind of music. are you really that autistic that you can't just talk about music without swinging you e-peen around.

congrats, you know of some obscure noisecore industrial album that 0.0000000001% of the population has heard. hope you have your schizoid fun mumbling to yourself about it because you've driven all potential fans out the fanbase
>>
>>63613026
That doesn't mean anything. If nobody hates the albums, but then hates when the albums are talked about, that equates to hating the album. Stop trying to justify your terrible methodology.
>>
>>63612856
this is actually a pretty good chart for getting into experimental music
>>
>>63613249

They don't talk about music, and if we annoy them enough, they will either explore the genre and find better non-entry level albums, or go back to RYM where they can circlejerk in peace.

>>63613280

The albums have been discussed to death and the poseurs make any further discussion shallow shit like "haha textures are great + dark atmosphere". There's no harm sending drones back to RYM in exchange for shitposting a few mediocre albums.
>>
>>63613355
>make any further discussion shallow shit

...as does the rest of /mu/.

This is not exclusive to any contingent. Face it, you're just angry that someone enjoys more challenging stuff than you do.
>>
>>63613355

>The albums have been discussed to death

really? i've barely seen any of the albums on this chart expect for TMR, Merzbow, Faust, Exuma, Boredoms and maybe Death in June (and Tokyo Anal Dynamite spammed as a joke) even posted here.

it's not like /mu/ is a static forum where we already have hundreds of threads about these albums. people come and go, and the guy posting a TMR thread may legitimately want to talk about it for the first time. Why be a fucking dick and go "LEL SCARUFFI DRONE POSEURCORE RYM"
>>
>>63613813

It's not our fault he's a newfag who didn't lurk.
>>
You have literally never talked to somebody who's listened to Sacred Guitar and Violin Music of the Modern Aztecs in your entire life.

OP should be banned.
>>
>>63613887

Your music teacher in elementary/middle/high school probably did.
>>
I really don't get the Sun Ra hate
Every meme chart has one Sun Ra album for sure
Atlantis is shit tho
>>
>>63613909
I don't think so. Most of those people that teach music in middle schools and high schools are the ones that weren't talented enough to play an instrument.
>>
>>63613887

i didn't make the chart

i hate the meme too
>>
>>63612856
>Violin Music For Supermarkets

Great album. Techno Soap kills me: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffhp-SRJPLg
>>
>>63614042
Why do you keep posting it then? Leave it to die.
>>
>>63613249
muh sicrit club
>>
File: .jpg (777 KB, 936x650) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
777 KB, 936x650
I like how this chart strikes a nerve with the people who think they're a special snowflake for listening to this bullshit.
>>
>>63612995
It happened at the same time the whole >>>reddit thing started going on too. It's just people who saw 4chan as a scary internet site for beefing people started using it instead of people who actually gave a shit.
>>
In theory, it's meant to give people who think they've reached the logical conclusion of music because they listen to Comus or This Heat some self awareness.

In reality, it just derails Comus and This Heat threads and irritates everyone who isn't an ironic shitposter.
>>
>>63614221
shitty circus music like cardiacs
>>
>>63612856
It only exists to upset people
>>
>>63613345
this
take one of these albums and just go for it
>>
File: what next.png (3 MB, 1597x1437) Image search: [Google]
what next.png
3 MB, 1597x1437
What should I listen to next?
>>
>>63614643
the parable of arable land by red krayola. I was planning on listening that myself, just recently learned about it by accident
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.