[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Swans
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: download (3).jpg (15 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
download (3).jpg
15 KB, 225x225
Thoughts on this album? Favorite swans album? Excited for the new album? Just general swans discussion thread
>>
Love of Life is good but it's not one of their best. Anyone else excited for the new album?
>>
Her is really awesome, but overall i think that album is below average.
>>
What is the best order to listen to Swans

I've tried to dive in on their old albums and found them a hard listen, but I really liked The Seer. I'm guessing that is like their MPP
>>
File: The TRUE Way to Get Into Swans.png (1 MB, 1599x950) Image search: [Google]
The TRUE Way to Get Into Swans.png
1 MB, 1599x950
>>63613011
Use this
>>
when is the new album coming out? I would love to see them play live
>>
I'm a much bigger fan of lyric sentric Swans vs none.

Love of Life is my favourite instrumentally and lyrically.
Love of Life and White light are the two albums where you really get to see into Gira's mind, it's the Angels of Light pre Angels of Light.
The instrumentation in my opinion is much more diverse, lush and interesting on the two LPs.
However I do understand why it's hard for people to really appreciate 90s Swans but I urge you all to give that era of Swans another chance if you haven't already. Really rewarding and enjoyable listens imo

>>63613119
May I think
>>
>>63613068
That is an exceptional looking flowchart, thank you
>>
>>63613143
sheila? enjoy swans? marry me please. i have money
>>
File: 1429929936162.png (491 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1429929936162.png
491 KB, 600x600
>>63612725
I used to think was one of there best but looking back on it there are some really awful songs that hold back this album. I do enjoy how it acted as a set up for the tape music on STFTB
>>
>>63612725
I like WLFTMoI more, but this album set SWANS up really well for SFtB
>>
>>63613011
The seer was my entry into Swans as well.
Some may think it's a bad starting point but I found its expansiveness very appealing, plus it was new and looked cool back then.

Also, any new guesses on the album title?
I kind of want it to be named Bottomless pit
>>
>>63614448
I kind of want it to be named Swan Songs
>>
File: 1347056974664.jpg (5 KB, 186x188) Image search: [Google]
1347056974664.jpg
5 KB, 186x188
>listening to a rapist
>>
>>63614448
I think it will have a grey themed album cover. I really like the theory of it having a screaming woman on the cover.

Can't really guess on a title. I mean 'To be kind' kind of came out of nowhere so idk.
>>
>>63615926
What theory is this? Why are people thinking that?
>>
Everything between the first 3 and last 3 albums is p. shit tbqh familia
>>
I fucking love Love of Life. I think it is one of their best albums and I really like the part where that guy is talking about killing the deer.

Really deep.
>>
>>63616832
We didn't want to go way back around
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.