[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /mu/ think of these fuckers
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 2
File: arctic-monkeys-logo-wallpaper.jpg (164 KB, 2981x1464) Image search: [Google]
arctic-monkeys-logo-wallpaper.jpg
164 KB, 2981x1464
>>
I'd arctic their monkeys if you know what I mean
>>
>>63608717
They're fucking bland garbage stop asking.

I eagerly await your this' and (You)'s
>>
They suck nigger nuts if you catch my drift
>>
>>63608717
One of the worst thing to have happened in music history.
>>
They have like 5 good songs

Everyone tries to pretend their debut was something other than just a bland indie rock album though
>>
Fucking horrible trite garbage

Whatever People Say I Am is tolerable though, like a 7/10

Rest is shite
>>
I JUST WANT TO STRANGLE THESE FUCKERS
>>
>>63608878
That's a bit too generous dude. I'd give it a 5/10, if anything. It wasn't anything new or interesting.
>>
Amazing debut, great second effort, Humbug was ok, the rest is shit. Submarine soundtrack is Alex Turner's best work.
>>
>>63608717
I quite like them, own all their albums, there is a definite style shift between favorite worst nightmare and humbug but its all pretty good
>Their fan are right twats tho tbqhfam
>>
>>63608717
They're amazing, though autists on here will hate them just because of the shitty fanbase (tumblr) they acquired during the AM era.
>>
>>63608717
Everyone here is just being fags because of the shitty fanbase they got after AM.

But the general consensus is that their first three albums were great, AM was ok and SIAS was trash.
>>
Very good band. I like to put them on when I bring hipster girls back to my apartment if you catch my drift!
>>
>>63608923
>Arctic Monkeys
>amazing
I think it's time you went back to where I, you, and everyone else in this thread knows you came from.
>>
>>63608923
They have a shitty fanbase?
>>
>>63608925
I hated SIAS at first, but now it kinda grew on me. My most listened tune of them last year is Black Treacle (according to Spotify)
>>
>>63608957
Yes, you underage newfag.
>>
>>63608717
>>63608733
Do you two know each other by any chance?
>>
>>63608947
Where exactly, mate?
>>63608957
Yeah, the ones that are obsessed with Alex Turner on Tumblr. Fucking cancer.
>>
>>63608986
How am I an underaged newfag for not knowing about their fanbase? Chill with the projections.
>>
>>63609005
>Where exactly, mate?

rearrange these letters: TDRDIE
>>
I liked them about 10 years ago when "I Bet You Look Good On The Dancefloor" came out. But they were overhyped as hell and have only produced diminishing returns since.
>>
>>63608717
WPSIAIWIN: 7/10
FWN: 9/10
Humbug: 8/10
SIAS: 6/10
AM: 4/10
>>
Whatever People was a nice album that showed the band had potential. FWN was stale. Humbug was really good. Everything they did after Humbug was a huge disappointment.

Neo-/mu/ kids will tell you they still "have it" and protect it because it's cool to hate them, but regardless, they are objectively shit.
>>
>>63609026
I've never been on Teridd before but I'll check it out.
>>
>>63609053
While you're there, you might want to think about not perpetuating the downfall of English rock music by giving attention to faceless Indie copycat bands. Thanks.
>>
>>63608717
they're okay, from what i've heard. i like their first two albums the best. i've heard every album except for suck it and see, anyone happen to have a download for that? i heard it's their worst, but i'd still like to give it a go.
>>
>>63610636
just hop on spotify mate. suck it and see is a grower, and also a really good summer record
>>
>>63608717
Can't deny they're important to me. I didn't like music at all until I listened to these and Radiohead back in 2010.

Humbug and SIAS are solid indie rock. The first two albums have a bunch of great songs and the last one was garbage.
>>
>>63608717
British Foo Fighters
>>
>>63609043
if i'm being generous:
6/10
6/10
5/10
3/10
4/10
>>
i'm a girl and i love them

ama
>>
Steadily decreased in quality. Not horrible, but they don't really do anything new or interesting.
>>
>>63611068
post feet
>>
suck my nuts and see if you catch my drift?!
>>
>>63611068
Are your nipples sensitive?
>>
>>63608717
I think they ripped off Black Sabbath with that font
>>
OBJECTIVE OPINIONS COMING THROUGH

Whatever was a breath of fresh air, but it's a tad overrated. Still it's a pretty good album.

Nightmare was a improvement of Whatever, although a bit inconsistent.

Humbug is their undeniable masterpiece and their peak. They were at their best musically, lyrically and aesthetically wise.

Suck It was trite garbage. They grabbed Humbug, stripped it down of any complexity and subtlety, and made a boring, repetitive, safe album.

AM had better songwriting and was more consistent and varied, although they lost a bit of personality. It feels "americanized", which corresponds with Turner's new wannabe rockabilly bro-dude personality.

They're a pretty good band overall I'd say, but nothing amazing (Humbug being the exception).
>>
>>63611331
They also ripped off War Pigs with Arabella on AM
>>
Catchy stuff, noreason to love them no reason to hate them
>>
mediocre
>>
>>63608740
All (You)rs :)))
>>
>>63611438
this.
dunno why some people get so worked up here lol what are you trying to prove
>>
Loved Whatever People Say I Am when it came out, and still love it today. Probably one of the better albums to come from the 'indie-rock' scene of the 00s.
Am from Sheffield too and it's nice when you get references.
>>
>>63613256
I feel like being from Sheffield influences my opinion of them a bunch. I grew up hearing tracks by them, and I've always related them to home. I don't think their music is anything special, but I still like it.
>>
why did they copy the Sabbath logo
Is it ironic
>>
File: AM.png (770 KB, 600x609) Image search: [Google]
AM.png
770 KB, 600x609
>>
>>63608717
A Certain Romance is a great song

Don't care for anything else they've done though
>>
>>63613323
Definitely, it's probably why the later albums resonate with me less.
>>
i own all of their albums, listened to them multiple times (including AM, i've listened to that one a lot)
and i really like that band
>>
>>63613605
what was the album that introduced you to them?
>>
>>63613627
i listened to a couple of AM tracks and then listened to their debut
>>
>>63613792
did you enjoy Whatever People Say? It's pretty different to their current stuff
>>
>>63611068
Do you live in London?
>>
>>63613814
of course, it's one of my favourites
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.