[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some widely acclaimed bands that you just can't stand?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (142 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
142 KB, 640x960
What are some widely acclaimed bands that you just can't stand?
>>
MBV
Slint
>>
Coldplay.

They're last dumb song with beyonce says from the acclaimed new album. Doesn't say by who. Normally it would say critically acclaimed or something.

and muse is shit.
>>
>>63608366
I agree.
>>
I don't understand where bands like U2 get the energy to produce this absolute run-of-the-mill featureless foosball friends-season-8 insurance-commercial music they keep churning out. It wasn't special back then, and it's even less remarkable nowadays.
>>
>>63608405
Fuck U2 so hard
>>
arctic monkeys, fuck em in the ass
>>
>>63608405
They don't even make that many records anymore
>>
>>63608647
Probably because everyone hates them nowadays and rightly so
>>
>>63608451
Post humbug arctic monkeys are shite you have to admit before he was a homme/Elvis greaser they were pretty entertaining
>>
>>63608366
Coldplay and Muse used to be pretty good back in the day, but they're complete shit now.

>>63608405
I agree. I hate Bono and his faggot band.
>>
>>63608366
>Coldplay
>widely acclaimed

Normies hate them because they think they are gay
>>
Barnes and Noble's music section is hilariously shit.
>>
>>63608861
Not him, but I think Humbug's their best album. Homme was the best thing to have happened to them, too bad they completely lost touch of what makes it so good after Humbug.
It's sad though that they are never going to make anything like their first to albums again.
>>
Kanye and 95% of current mainstream hip-hop.

Kendrick being the only exception.
>>
>>63609135
I understand, the guy started playing dress up and became a complete fool and the last shadow puppets thing is pretty lame as well. Worst nightmare had such a great atmosphere man
>>
>>63608693
Their Unforgettable Fire-Joshua Tree-Achtung Baby run forgave them of any future sins imo
>>
>>63608301
>nickelback
selling a lot of records =/= widely acclaimed. most of the people who buy nickelback cd's are not so big on music in the first place
>>
Pink Floyd went from a genuinely groundbreaking, interesting psych group to Pseudo-intellectual Lethargy: The Band

Arcade Fire is one of the most bland acts i've ever listened to

LCD Soundsystem is just more EDM Talking Heads and abysmal at it

Best thing Frank Zappa did was bring Captain Beefheart to the masses and improve recording techniques

Arctic Monkeys are something only teens with no knowledge of music history would like

Rush is the epitome of boring prog band with their extreme focus on instrumentation at the cost of songwriting, lyricism, etc

Fuck all trap music

The difference between noise and stoner metal is that there is more than two interesting artists in noise

If you seriously listen to Blink 182 you're juet refusing to give up teenage nostalgia and admit shitty music that the Descendents did far better
>>
>>63610164
>LCD Soundsystem is just more EDM Talking Heads and abysmal at it

Fuck LCD Soundsystem
>>
>>63610164

I think i've cutted myself with all that edge
>>
>>63610208
he's right tho
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (16 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
16 KB, 480x360
I have listened to every Talking Heads album multiple times, I have about 700 scrobbles on my last.fm account.

I gave them a lot of tries and I think they're good, but I just don't really care for them beyond a few tracks.
>>
bob dylan: C chord, D chord, C chord
>>
>>63608301
>U2
>Arctic Monkeys
>21 Pilots
>Kendrick Lamar
>Kanye West
>LCD Soundsystem
>post-Meddle Pink Floyd
>Muse
>Tool
>Rush
>Meme Theater
>Megadeath
>Metallica
>Oasis
>The Smiths
>The Stone Roses
>The Verve
>Arcade Fire
>Led Zeppelin
>Ride
>Slowdive
>Nirvana
>Lil Wayne
>The Who
>Weezer (I like Pinkerton though)
>Sex Pistols
>Radiohead
>The White Stripes
>Guns 'N Roses
>Smashing Pumpkins
>Black Sabbath
>Joy Division
>Wu-Tang Clan
>MF DOOM
>Madlib
>J Dilla
>Jeff Buckley
>Smashing Pumpkins
>Stevie Wonder
>Genesis
>Pavement
>Interpol
>The Strokes
>Deafheaven
>Deftones
>Mr. Bungle
>Faith No More
>Rage Against the Machine
>Nine Inch Nails
>Queen

>>63610164
I like a fair amount of Zappa's stuff but the dude himself admitted that he made a lot of shitty music to create controversy purely for the sake of sales, he said he would have exclusively made classical if he had been able to financially support an entire orchestra and his family but that simply wasn't possible.
>>
>>63610164
>>63610496
>the "Pink Floyd was worse after Syd left" meme
Wasn't true then, isn't true now.
>>
>>63610496

>I like a fair amount of Zappa's stuff but the dude himself admitted that he made a lot of shitty music to create controversy purely for the sake of sales,

Source?
>>
File: 1453913924430.jpg (238 KB, 917x720) Image search: [Google]
1453913924430.jpg
238 KB, 917x720
>>63610496
>>
Pantera
System of a Down
Anthrax
Pearl Jam
Sex Pistols
Dead Kennedys
Red Hot Chilli Peppers
Cradle of Filth
Amon Amarth
>>
>>63610496
cont.

>Judas Priest
>Alice in Chains
>Pearl Jam
>Beastie Boys
>Queens of the Stone Age
>The Notorious B.I.G.
>2pac (especially, fuck him)
>Michael Jackson
>Young Thug
>Future
>Drake
>Ramones
>The Flaming Lips
>Elliott Smith
>The Microphones
>James Blake
>Daft Punk
>Isis
>Soundgarden
>Mos Def
>Motorhead
>PJ Harvey
>Coil
>Beck (excluding Odelay and Mellow Gold)
>Mastodon
>Iggy Pop
>Deltron 3030
>Black Star
>The National
>Alvvays
>Manic Street Preachers
>The Roots
>Syndrome of a Down
>RHCP

>>63610558
I said post-Meddle PF you dumbass, that's when their music became stale prog rock with gimmicks
>>63610653
Artists that I personally can't stand, didn't ever say that you couldn't or that it was wrong for other people to enjoy them. Explain how that's edgy.
>>63610620
The Real Frank Zappa Book goes in detail about it, fascinating read if you enjoy anything he did
>>
>>63609049
>used to be good
When's that? Neither have a single good album
>>
>>63610620
Ye olde' Source='his face looks dastardly'
>>
>>63610700
>how that's edgy.
you're just listing every popular band that comes to your mind
>>
>>63610775
I'm listing every popular band/artist that I can't stand, not all that comes to mind. There are plenty more musicians I could have named if I was blindly typing out names.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.