[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
True or Nah?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3
File: Rock_band_cover.jpg (38 KB, 256x320) Image search: [Google]
Rock_band_cover.jpg
38 KB, 256x320
The people who select the songs to put in these games are patricians.
>>
Nah, most of the songs are mainstream rock and the ones that aren't are just friends of the developers.
There aren't a lot of downright terrible songs, though.
>>
>rock
>patrician

jej
>>
>>63606697
>jej
jej
>>
File: 1.jpg (69 KB, 792x612) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
69 KB, 792x612
Which one, /mu/?

Drums > Vocals > Bass > Guitar
>>
>>63606697
Bleep boo bleep, zip zap, wee woo
"Wow so good"
>>
>>63606801
Drums > Guitar > Bass > Vocals
>>
>>63606884
you don't even realise what a pleb you are
>>
>>63606620
Can we all agree
Rockband>>>>>>>>>>>>Guitar Hero
>>
>>63606801
Are you basing this on how realistic the instrument is when compared to its real counterpart or the enjoyability of it?
If it's the first one, I'd agree.
I thoroughly enjoy playing guitar and bass on Rock Band.
>>
>>63606916
Without a doubt.
>>
>>63606916
Oh, absolutely.
>>
>>63606920
I was actually basing it off skill, if it was based off enjoyment, then I would just switch bass and vocals for me.
>>
>>63606980
personal skill*

in case that wasn't clear
>>
>>63606907
>uses pleb as an actual insult
>takes 4chan seriously
>>
>>63606620
How much should I spend on one of these games? They used to be very expensive but I want to get a used one without the drums on ebay
>>
>>63606897
this

drumming on Rock Band actually taught me how to play real drums

>>63606916
also this a thousand times. Guitar Hero is much more arcade-y and deliberately impossibly hard which i get appeals to some but it just bugs me, rock band feels like a lot of effort has gone into it to make it feel as close to actually playing the songs as you can on pieces of plastic that regularly fall apart
>>
>>63607788
Do you actually play the drums now? Playing rock band recently has made me want to pick it up.
>>
rock band def helped me start playing drums, mostly because i kept breaking the damn thing so I finally just bought an actual drum set.

Somebody buy me rock band i want to play again
>>
OFFICIAL SETLIST RANKINGS

2 > 3 > 1 >>>>>>>>> Guitar Hero Van Halen >>>>>> 4
>>
>>63609306
Beatles Rock band >>>>>>>the rest
>>
>>63609321 (you)
>>
>>63607788
You have to look at Guitar Hero as a video game and not a simulator. As a game I like GH more, but I assume Rock Band is more realistic.
>>
>>63606801
I played drums until my red pad gave out and no home repair could fix it

De-Luxe was my chart
>>
>>63606801
Vocals > Bass in songs with a juicy bassline > Guitar > Bass in songs where the bass is just kinda there > Watching everyone else play > Playing something else while your friends are playing Rock Band in another room > Gravel > Drums
>>
Which is the game where you play all of 2112 in single player
>>
Don't know about that game but over half of the in-flight music options offered by Fly Emirates is basically /mu/ and RYM-core. They even had TMR, which was a nice surprise
>>
>>63611076
iirc it was DLC for rock band so you could play it on all of them
>>
>>63609260
Yeah I haven't touched rock band drums in a few years.

Not meant in a boast-y way but to give you a better understanding of quite how far it's brought me, I recently played link below (not me) live and am able to play the exact drum track without fuckin' it up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rd3yVp-Jbl0

I would highly recommend picking up real drums, it's immensely more satisfying and once you figure out time keeping and hi-hat pedal then you've got pretty much everything that Rock Band doesn't teach you.
>>
File: header.jpg (27 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
27 KB, 460x215
i'll say one thing. nothing is a bad as pic related's tracklist
>>
>>63611076
Guitar Hero warriors of rock
>>
>>63611652
The tracklist is so fucking shitty, but the game changed my life. There are CLDCs that are customizable to any song you feel like adding.
>>
>>63611894
yeah but I have ps4, and I have a hard time enjoying the game because i don't want to constantly throw much at the okay at best DLC's but yeah I could honestly feel myself learning, but i'm not going to play a song from a genre i hate, because it will "help me" fuck you ubisoft.

It doesn't even have a lot of diversity, it's just fucking dad's rock, there's nothing remotely interesting technique wise, no playing for texture etc.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.