[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /mu/ think of Cardiacs?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (136 KB, 600x403) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
136 KB, 600x403
What does /mu/ think of Cardiacs?
>>
>>63601539
If you like them that's cool but I find them insufferable

Then again I've only heard select songs off Sing To God
>>
You remember when Christgau made that review about Death Grips being music for people that wish that ICP weren't so dumb?

Replace ICP with Mindless Self Indulgence and you have Cardiacs desu
>>
>>63601552
Why did you put your trip on for this thread what songs have you heard by the way
>>
File: Dude Guys Stop.jpg (6 KB, 250x226) Image search: [Google]
Dude Guys Stop.jpg
6 KB, 250x226
>>63601539
If you like them, I'd rec Gentile Giant and Magma
>>
File: Essentialcircuscore.jpg (617 KB, 680x750) Image search: [Google]
Essentialcircuscore.jpg
617 KB, 680x750
reminder that this is the new /mu/core
>>
Sounds an awful lot like Queen and MSI
>>
>>63601580
I've assumed trip again because given the threads that I post in it's fucking obvious who I am anyway and I didn't want to be a wishy-washy anon

Also, as a favor to those who filtered me

Anyway, I heard A Horse's Tail, Dirty Boy, and Nurses Whispering Verses (and also Tarred And Feathered) and just found it not to my liking. I understand what they were trying to do, it just didn't work out IMO
>>
>>63601648
even more wishy washy with a trip lmao

You should try manhoo and dog like sparky its a lot less 'so random' and more pop almost radio friendly really
>>
>>63601592
never understood this meme shouldnt it be cardiacs gentle giant and henry cow
>>
>>63601691
>even more wishy washy with a trip lmao
I know right

>You should try manhoo and dog like sparky its a lot less 'so random' and more pop almost radio friendly really
I don't mind the more abrasive elements, just how they're done. I'll probably just listen to the album in full to give the band a fair chance desu
>>
>>63601735
On Land and In the Sea is a better balanced Cardiacs and their best imo

>>63601539
They're great
>>
all memes aside this actually does sound like cardiacs right? its not just me? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-djYrXYhZY
>>
When I first found Cardiacs I thought they were the best thing for a few days and forgot about them until a year ago when they started getting spammed

looking back they were pretty shit
>>
>>63601822
kinda

this one sounds more like them
https://youtube.com/watch?v=ri9OlfGRX3E
>>
>>63601732
it came from a statement made by an anon making fun of genesis senpai
>>
honestly fuck cardiacs
>>
>>63601539
I think they are ok, just a bit insufferable and I don't care for much of their work
>>
>>63602130
do you go out of your way to make the most generic posts ever

how do you even know about the cardiacs dont you just listen to post-britpop
>>
>>63602150
Look at my RYM
>>
>>63602160
I normally do not like "fun" music. I like it when artists take a serious approach to music and make solid tracks that can stand the test of time.
This album is the complete opposite of serious and is very fun, but I think for this genre you have to have fun with it.

Stealin' is the best song on this album by far and Diggin' My Potatoes is catchy as hell.

Rating: 8.0

laughing so much
>>
>>63602160
>Overall I suggest this album interested in metal from this area of the world or who just wants to look into some of the better albums from 2016 so far.
are you serious

fucking MYRAH
>>
>>63601580
>>63601638
>>63601691
>>63601732
>>63601822
>>63602150
>>63602188
>>63602214
fuck off closeitjohn
>>
File: 202.jpg (115 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
202.jpg
115 KB, 720x960
>>63602188
>I normally do not like "fun" music. I like it when artists take a serious approach to music and make solid tracks that can stand the test of time.
>>
cardiacs sux
>>
I like them and I wish this kind of shitposting could end.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.