[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /mu/ think of Ween?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: godweensatan.jpg (59 KB, 608x608) Image search: [Google]
godweensatan.jpg
59 KB, 608x608
I was originally exposed to them years ago through their song Piss Up A Rope off their country album, but just recently started digging into the rest of their shit. They're a very diverse band from what I've been listening to and I was curious to see what /mu/ thought of them.
Here's a couple albums for the unenlightened:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6_NM9AOa9s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtLB5aZ05F0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIE2ZoeFZtA
>>
>>63600183
Quebec and The Pod are two of my favorite albums
>>
File: The Pod.png (744 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
The Pod.png
744 KB, 600x600
Ween are great.
God Ween Satan and The Pod are my favorites by them.
>>
there's a sudden influx of threads exactly like this. Like every time I come on there's someone asking this question.

Not sure about the consensus, but I love them. Live at Chicago is on my most played albums on last.fm I just found out. Love Zoloft.
>>
/mu/ is pretty into ween from what i've gathered

i've been getting into pure guava and the pod recently, after only having listened to quebec and white pepper and the mollusk
their early stuff is so sick it's insane, i love it
>>
audience is the same people that stay up all night watching adult swim

shitty spork music desu
>>
Probably going to get shit on for asking but do they have more material like It's Gonna Be a Long Night? I've only tried Quebec and honestly couldn't get into it.
>>
>>63600214
>>63600224
They're pretty broad. I've been trying to wrap my head around them for a week or two. I really like Quebec and Chocolate and Cheese. The Mollusk is pretty good too. I've been trying to get into songs like Bumblebee and Spinal Meningitis. There a little bit of a departure from the music I normally am into.
>>
Quebec is good but pretty overrated, more into their earlier albums. Love The Mollusk though.
>>
>>63600244
Asking about Ween in particular? I'm honestly not a /mu/ regular, and when I do come on, it's just to post my guitars and discuss them in /gg/. I've known about Ween for years, but never actually sat down and dug through their albums listening to all their stuff until recently.
>>
>>63600183
Ween are one of those fucking abysmal bands that pretentious cocksuckers jerk themselves off to for reasons nobody with any sanity understands. Fuck Ween
>>
>>63600282
I really do like that song. Definitely my favorite one on Quebec. The most accessible song on their in my opinion. Check out the Chocolate and Cheese album, you might find a few you like on that one too. I really didn't like them too much at first, save for a few songs, they've grown on me for sure.
>>
>>63600364
Part of me almost agrees with you.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.