[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is pretty good, what's with the hate? It's like
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
File: R-541140-1369310387-8987.jpeg.jpg (86 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
R-541140-1369310387-8987.jpeg.jpg
86 KB, 500x500
This is pretty good, what's with the hate? It's like a more indie Residents.
>>
People don't hate the music, they hate the le quirky kids who name drop this and stuff like Nurse With Wound to sound like they're music experts when they probably never listened to it.
>>
I just listened to this in full yesterday. I loved it. It reminded me of a weirder, more experimental Pavement. The reason this is hated though is because many RYM posers love it as well.
>>
>>63598638
How would they even know these names without some level of exploration into that area of music?
>>
>>63598657
poseur not poser
>>
>>63598660
Rate Your Music charts
Lurking /mu/ threads
Scaruffi.com
>>
They make neat sounds but don't have any idea how to structure them in a song. Something animal collective or Sun City Girls did much better.
>>
It's okay, but poseurs like it. We have to make them uncomfortable so they either leave or get taste.

If they actually understood why it was good, they would be able to defend it with technical language beyond "muh textures". But no, they just get butthurt and call us memers.
>>
>more indie
What does this even mean
>>
>>63598602
blame le poseur maymay
>>
File: reggieshrug.png (474 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
reggieshrug.png
474 KB, 640x480
>>63598703
>We have to make them uncomfortable so they either leave or get taste.

The sad part is I genuinely think you do dedicate a lot of time to doing this instead of being productive
>>
>>63598703
I've never met an actual person who knew anything about theory (outside of the people on this board attempting to learn for no reason other than to shit talk others who don't) who got nearly as upset about what other people like and how they justify/talk about it as you all do.

You all just pretend that you're better than the dudes who listen to Coil because you apparently "understand" why Radiohead and Pink Floyd are "better".

Fuck the so called "anti-poseur" ideology on this board. I'm sick of seeing people talk shit about others who like these bands and albums when I've never seen a single post praising TFUL282 or Coil that's nearly as bad as the "muh posuer" posting.
>>
shitty a mallgoth version of pavement and I fucking hate pavement
>>
>>63598949

90% of the poseurcore meme targets didn't even know theory themselves.
>>
File: shoobies go home.jpg (196 KB, 900x1205) Image search: [Google]
shoobies go home.jpg
196 KB, 900x1205
>>63598998
>>
>>63598602
All the recent tful hate has been one guy spamming. Plus maybe a few others enjoying the "poseurcore" drama. They're a relatively well liked sub-entrylevel experimental band. Personally, they opened the door for me to a lot of other music and bands I didn't know about.

A few years ago they were rec'd relentlessly on /mu/, so they got some left over meme status. Apart from that, they're really not posted all that much. one or two threads a month with maybe 20 posts if you're lucky.
>>
>>63599004
his post just went riiiight over your head, didn't it?
>>
>>63599004
Maybe, but I've seen so few people act like that to the point where I'm beginning to believe that they don't even exist, and there's no reason to get so upset over what they like even if they did.

Honestly, I'd be surprised if the people throwing around the word poseur knew any theory either.
>>
>>63599059
>>63599063

I mean the artists they're claiming that music theory is necessary to even comprehend.
>>
They're okay but when poseurs listen to them they proclaim them as "TEH BEST THING EVER" when they are really just "okay"
>>
There's one guy who gets really triggered whenever this band is mentioned.

See also: The guy who gets mad when Coil is mentioned, the guy who gets mad when Les Rallizes Denudes or Fushitsusha are mentioned, and the guy who gets mad when Exuma or Comus are mentioned
>>
>>63599203
I make fun of people when they mention them but very much like Comus

You failed bro :^)
>>
>>63599233

I never said you didn't secretly like them, anon.

I make fun of Fishmans fans despite liking them because I am a failure of a human being, for example.
>>
>>63599299
you completely missed the point of my post

i was saying that i make fun of thinking feller fans but like comus u stupid as fuck nigga
>>
>>63599299
Fishmans fans are some of the most uppity people on this website but the band itself isn't bad.
>>
>>63599318

The antecedent of your sentence was unclear, anon.
>>
>>63599381
the antecedent of you is unclear

>>63599331
theyre pretty bad
They all seem to be homosexuals too its weird
>>
my pal the tortoise how fast does he go
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.