[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Residents Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (700 KB, 3000x2400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
700 KB, 3000x2400
I'm just now getting into the residents and have been enjoying them a lot. What is you guys favorite albums or tracks by them? What should a newbie listen to?
>>
Go home, America

55 will do.
>>
3rd Reich N Roll is my favorite album

there's a flowchart for them that's pretty good for getting into them
>>
I thought the third reich and roll had a cool concept, but it wasn't nearly as cool in execution.
>>
eskimo is their masterpiece
>>
you can't go wrong
>>
>>63597720
>ambient music with racist slurs

listen to not available if you dont like that listen to duck stab
>>
>>63597767
they are both shit compared to eskimo.
>>
>>63597767
>>63597795
Eskimo was very interesting. Somehow it was actually kind of relaxing.
My question is, is not available as great as people say? I know they hyped it up as the masterpiece they never intended on releasing. Is it as good as the hype?
>>
>>63597849
not available is just okay.
>>
>>63597849
It's good operetta music with beautiful synths
so yes their best
>>
>>63597870
OP here. I actually like Demons Dance Alone a lot. Is it comparable to it?
>>
>>63597913
I've only heard Wonderful from Demons Dance Alone so I can't say
>>
>>63597658
could you... share it?
>>
>>63598125
https://www.google.com/search?site=&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=1366&bih=643&q=the+residents+flowchart&oq=the+residents+flowchart&gs_l=img.3...112.3301.0.3430.23.23.0.0.0.0.148.2364.11j11.22.0....0...1.1.64.img..1.15.1663.sfW7HbBbarI
>>
So what artist would be the closest, musically, to The Residents? I've never listened to them.
>>
Duck Stab>Not Available>MTR>Eskimo>Commercial Album>Everything Else
>>
As a band they are fucking incredible, but i dont like their music that much.
>>
File: 1458914040204.gif (556 KB, 350x263) Image search: [Google]
1458914040204.gif
556 KB, 350x263
Eskimo > MOTM > Tweedles > Not Available > MTR > Demons Dance Alone > Two Cities > Commercial > Duck Stab > Wormwood > Third Reich > Bunny Boy > Big Bubble > the rest
>>
I know people will consider this a typical pleb response, but my favorite albums are Duck Stab/Buster and Glen, Third Reich and Roll, and, when the air conditioner is on the fritz, Eskimo. My favorite songs would be the Satisfaction single, (Both sides) and Beyond The Valley of A Day in The Life. (I suppose their version of Flying is alright, but not as good as everything else I've listed, though)
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.