[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How does it feel knowing that you will never be a better musician
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: AP_9702120594.jpg (495 KB, 1962x1590) Image search: [Google]
AP_9702120594.jpg
495 KB, 1962x1590
How does it feel knowing that you will never be a better musician then this man?
>>
Why would I want to be a trend-hopping talentless hack?
>>
>>63592949
That was the worst period of Bowie dude though.
>>
>>63592983
>Outside
>Earthling
>Worst
N A H
>>
When does a musician stop being a musician when he has an army of sessions musicians to play out most of his music? Yea I know he worked with Eno during the Berlin Trilogy but that's all you here of him working with other people.
>>
I enjoy lots of things that other people are better at than me, why would it even be an issue?
>>
>>63592949
he's pointing at us
>>
>>63592995
>Musician isn't a musician when other people play his music
Are you a fucking idiot? They still have to write and create the music, and the people they choose to work with are their choice and influence the music in ways they like, so it's still there's even if it's performed by something else
>>
File: 1446821049586.gif (421 KB, 700x525) Image search: [Google]
1446821049586.gif
421 KB, 700x525
>>63592949
I miss him
>>
>>63592949
He seems like a nice guy and all, but the only albums of his that deserve to be seen as classics were results of collaborations with artists that are significantly more talented than him and had a much more unique sound (Low, Heroes, Scary Monsters).

He was definitely a great vocalist in his prime at least.
>>
>>63593409
Erm... no... stuff like Ziggy and Hunky Dory is very much Bowie's own influence and sound, and are the most popular albums in his discography
>>
>>63593272
So Bowie knows a lot about using electronics in his later works?

>the people they choose to work with are their choice and influence the music in ways they like, so it's still there's even if it's performed by something else
So when does it stop being a musician and start being a band?
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.