[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So is this guy actually good or is it just a meme?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (167 KB, 733x1049) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
167 KB, 733x1049
So is this guy actually good or is it just a meme?
>>
listen for yourself and find out.
>>
hes pretty good
>>
I love Thugger so I might be a bit biased but yes he is actually good, he's the best in the game and the only mainstream rapper being innovative.
>>
he good
>>
It's fun but he's not "changing the game" like people say, the only interesting thing about him is SKRRR and the weird noises.
SS2 has some nice songs on it but he hasn't released anything I'd call "great" yet, but I think he has it in him.
>>
"Innovation" (aka novelty) with a thin mask of irony.

Literally "it's bad on purpose, therefore it's good!"

Music for quasi-intellectual, wannabe-nihilist teenagers.
>>
>>63590147
So naturally you would love it right?
>>
>>63590197
No, I'm no longer 15.
>>
>>63590227
what's it like being 16
>>
I've been gett8ng more and more into rap and I honestly am baffled that Thus guy is popular here.
Some People say rap is about lyricism and flow and this guy is mostly unintelligible and his "flow" is what happens when you try and talk after chugging a bottle of cough syrup.
Others say it's about the beats and I haven't heard anything new or interesting production wise under this guy.
How isnit that he's popular?!?!
>>
>>63590061
He comes up with catchy melodies and flows nicely

>>63590138
He is influencing the newer generation of rappers and it will become more evident with time
>>
>>63590270
Thug's lyrical style stands out in a number of ways; the most obvious is his ear for figurative language. Hia similes often build upon familiar imagery, but move in unexpected directions. On “Check,” he opens rapping about a “Mink coat with the rolls like a Shar Pei”; later on, he raps, “All my niggas, they hard, call them beetles.” These aren’t punchlines intended to get rap fans doubling over laughing (although they can be funny in their unpredictability). Thug seems more interested in an original and idiosyncratic approach to imagery, in discovering pathways in language that haven’t already been heavily traveled.

In this, his lyrical approach is closer to a rapper like Raekwon than it is Lil Wayne, with whom Thug is frequently compared through some fault of his own. But any close reading of his lyrics suggest comparisons between The Barter 6 and Wayne’s Carter series, for which it is named, are a total misdirection. Where Wayne shredded his vocals against hip-hop’s formal constraints, Thug is a synthesist, a rapper of control, an artist in the process of reassembly.
>>
>>63590456
*tips fedora*

Gayest shit Ive read all month. Congrats.
>>
NIHGAAÀAAAAA
>>
>>63590456
>discovering pathways in language that haven't already been heavily traveled

Lmao I know this is a pasta but still
>>
>>63590456
Thanks for this detailed response. I'll probably give him another try with this in mind.
>>
>>63590061
depends. I wouldnt say that hes good lyrics wise even if there is some gems here and there but its his weird vocals change that make him fun to listen to.i dont know if hes changing the game or not but hes pretty unique.
NIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGUUUUUUUUAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
>>
Slime season 3 is BNM tier
>>
>>63590456
you scream pretentious
>>
>>63590061
Listen to him and find out for yourself. These threads are pointless
>>
He's a good meme
>>
A lot of people accuse him of being a cornball or whatever but I think he's decent. Pound Syndrome was one of the best albums I heard all last year.
>>
He makes fun music but in itself, very musical. The way he switches his flow mid-bar then slides back in the previous flow is so amazing. He has a lot of skill in this aspect of rapping. Something about him toggling several different flows is just so god damn musical. He also makes vocal leaps and plummets as if he's aware of how dynamics works and how they make music dynamic. This guy is a drunken martial artist, thats the only way I can put it. You dont know if its accidental genius or calculated. People saying they enjoy it but claim its bad are saying this out of place of ~shame~, completely undermining thug's skill
>>
>>63590567
>gives detailed but concise and honest answer to OP's question
>HUUUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRR DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURRRRR FUNNY HAT!!!!!!! HAHAHAHA FUNNY 3 YEAR OLD HAT MEME HAHAHA FAAAAAAAAAAAAAGG WHAT A GAY FAAAAG
holy mother of fuck, why do i come to this board
>>
File: thugger.jpg (27 KB, 264x412) Image search: [Google]
thugger.jpg
27 KB, 264x412
even the cup match the clothes...
>>
>>63590631
>money long like a sock with some shorts
>it's bath time, just like a birdie
>My car look like need for speed, my diamonds like mickey D's
>I'm eating like I aint ate, and I'm working like a maid
>I got 20 chains on me, they gon' shoot just like some diiiiiiiiicks
come on who else would say this shit
>>
>>63590061
he's a mastermind

start with barter 6, then listen to slime season 2, then listen to 1017 thug, finally observe the artistic genius of ICNF2, an album that is a jubilous celebration of rap

NEVER listen to 1017 Thug 3
>>
ignore every other post in the thread and read this one
he's good, but people claim he's an avant garde genius, which is autistic on top of being wrong
he makes fun music to listen to with your friends smoking blunts and shit
>>
>>63593603
damn...
>>
idk. I was never into him but I heard Slime Season 3 and i liked it a lot so he's pretty good i guess
>>
Jason Aldean tier memeing
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.