[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why is this regarded as the most important album of the noughties?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: 4L_0BbEvDPR.png (67 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
4L_0BbEvDPR.png
67 KB, 300x300
why is this regarded as the most important album of the noughties?
>>
>>63589215
it is?
>>
say noughties again and i'll kick you in the teeth
>>
File: Turn On The Bright Lights.png (352 KB, 1300x1300) Image search: [Google]
Turn On The Bright Lights.png
352 KB, 1300x1300
>>63589215
Not even the best Post-Punk revival album of its decade.
>>
>>63591062
That album is boring as fuck, The Strokes one is way better.
>>
File: ogre plague of the planet.jpg (71 KB, 524x532) Image search: [Google]
ogre plague of the planet.jpg
71 KB, 524x532
not by me it's not
>>
>>63589215
it's a knee
>>
All of that early 2000s indie/garage rock has aged like garbage other than Arcade Fire, and even thats subjective
>>
>>63591517
white stripes, apes, modey lemon, all fine bands
>>
>>63589215
kickstarted some fashion movement or some shit idk go read wikipedia bro
>>
>>63591516
it's the photographer's girlfriend's ass, there's an article online somewhere
>>
>>63591062
Is This It is Proto-Punk revival
>>
>>63589215
Because it's really really good. Pretty much perfect. Not a more influential album in it's time except ITAOTS
>>
>>63591062
I have listened to this album a few times and I am totally indifferent to it, AMA
>>
Helped kickstart all of the indie garage-rock and post-punk influenced music that followed after it and also taught everyone that you could get rich by writing some catchy tunes and blatantly ripping off better artists from decades ago.

I like it a lot but it's pretty shameless and Julian even admitted he basically lifted the whole sound from the Velvets
>>
>>63593038
Dude, have you heard The Velvet Underground before? It sure as hell doesn't sound like The Strokes.
>>
>>63593038
>Helped kickstart all of the indie garage-rock and post-punk influenced music that followed after it

Doubt it.

Most likely helped the record execs figure out there's a market for that shit.
>>
EVERY BODY SEES ME, BUT ITS NOT THAT EASY
>>
>>63593062
Literally look up any fucking interview with the Strokes where they talk about how much Velvet Underground and Lou Reed influenced them fucking idiot

http://thestrokesnews.com/from-rolling-stone-julian-casablancas-on-the-importance-of-velvet-underground/

I pulled that off of Google in fifteen seconds
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.