[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
David Bowie - Low
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: Low_(album).jpg (43 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Low_(album).jpg
43 KB, 300x300
I've just listened to this album and I didn't like it. Is that normal?
>>
For faggots, yes.
>>
>>63585948
Yes.
>>
>>63585948
it's normal if you're pleb
>>
Yeah, you should give it another chance. The last part (Warsaw) can be trying but there is no denying that Always Crashing in the Same Car isn't dank AF.
>>
Give it 2-3 more listens. Are you familiar with David Bowie at all?
>>
>>63586033
No. Before he died I only knew some of his songs because they played in commercials (Life on Mars, Starman, Heroes, etc.) but I didn't know David Bowie made them. I also knew he was in a video game and that Hideo Kojima referenced him a lot in Metal Gear.

After he died I got curious so I listened to Blackstar, (I used to hate the title track but now it's my favorite on the album) and Ziggy Stardust (great).

I haven't listened to other full albums but my favorite individual tracks are Ashes to Ashes (probably my #1 favorite) Space Oddity, Heroes and Let's Dance
>>
>>63586211
i'd give it another go
>>
>>63585948
In the context of just average music listening, Low sounds like some dated, "typical 70's glam rock" with some electronic influences.
In the context of Bowie's discography, this marks his period of introspection, experimentation and self-discovery, hence why it's more quieter and less glamorous than his previous stuff and the lyrics are more somber, even if the music sounds energetic (if only for the first half)
Try giving his early discography a listen (or at least the Ziggy Stardust albums, like Hunky Dory, Ziggy Stardust and Aladdin Sane) and then come back to Low. Maybe you'll appreciate it more. If not, then it's just not for you, not that there's anything wrong with that.

Or try Heroes, idk.
>>
>>63585948
Personally with most albums (not all) I struggle to get into it on first go. It often takes me up to 10 or more listens before an album will grow on me.
>>
>>63585948
>i don't like something is this normal?
fuck this board
>>
Try Heroes. I can't imagine anyone not loving that album
>>
>>63585948
Pleb
>>
I never like albums on the first listen.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.