[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is he the Tupac of this generation?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 2
Is he the Tupac of this generation?
>>
>>63584960
No Kendrick isn't as boring
>>
No, I am the Tupac of this generation
>>
>>63584983
Kendrick plz go
>>
This guy is irrelevant. I don't see him selling 10 million records.
>>
>>63585004
Pleb detected
>>
>>63584960
No. He hasn't been shot yet.
>>
>two cancerous meme rappers
I can see the similarity
>>
tupac is the tupac of this generation
>>
no kenny's good
>>
as far and legacy and message? yes but tupac wasnt as lyrical.Biggie was better.
>>
no

probably tylo be chillin
>>
>>63585061
Dick rider detected
>>
>>63586704
>probably tylo be chillin
what did he mean by this?
>>
Sort of. The difference is that tupac preached about stopping gang violence and stuff even though he was involved in it, I mean he was killed by the fucking crips. Kendrick on the other hand lives the life he preaches. Tupac talked the talk, Kendrick walks the walk
>>
>>63584960

Kendrick is actually good tho
>>
I was thinking today about Kendrick's eventual influence, and apart from his interesting flows and vivid storytelling, I don't think it will be as favorable as we might expect.

Conscious hip-hop, while necessary and important to the history of the genre, has moved on. Kanye West might not have been nearly as good as Kendrick at what he does, but he still ventured the conscious into pop radio to critical acclaim. The difference is, artists like Kanye pushed limits and crafted aesthetics afterwards.

Kendrick's sound on GKMC was modernized g-funk with 808's, not that impressive of an aesthetic. His sound on TPAB, while much more interesting, is still fairly basic jazz-hop that is somewhat modernized and local to LA.

There are far more interesting things going on in hip hop than Kendrick's rapping ability, even though it's impressive nonetheless.
>>
>>63584960
maybe, if tupac kept living and actually made the stuff he talked about in his interviews

>>63584976
shakespeare is boring today but was revolutionary for its time. artists today build on the things from yesterday. are you trying to make new art? if not, then you won't be inspired by old art. you're just an audience of today's art. that's not a bad thing, you're just a pleb.

>>63585004
go listen to adele if you care about sales

>>63585142
bitch life is a meme. if information has reached your ears, then it already went through the natural selection process and is now a meme.

i just bodied this /thread
>>
>>63589683

^^^guarantee you this guy is a Future fan.

TPAB is more than just a "conscious jazz-rap album" and as a huge hip-hop fan for life I can't think of another album that blends jazz, soul, funk, electronic, trap, etc. the way TPAB does all at once.
>>
>>63589932
are you not a future fan
>>
>>63584960
WE
>>
>>63590038
Should go back to >>>/pol/ and shit
>>
>>63590059
>>>/reddit/
>>
>>63590059
What a picardy!
>>
>>63590108
>Implying /pol/ doesn't have the largest amount of Redditors on this site

>>>/r/the_donald
>>>/r/european
>>>/r/AntiPOZi
>>
>>63590131
#FeelTheBird
>>
Really hate how everyone compares Kenny to Pac

ASAP Rocky is a much better comparison to Tupac
>>
>>63589932
I will say the funk influence on TPAB is on point. And the jazz, while still being jazz-hop, is done as well as it can be in 2016. But I don't think it's interesting just cause you say it is. I don't know what's exceptionally interesting about rapping over funk and jazz in 2016 in and of itself
>>
>>63590131
you forgot
>>>/r/The_Donald
>>
>>63590190
the album's lyrical content is the metaphor that black people are cocooned in ghettos, and become institutionalized to that environment by resorting to violence, drugs, prostitution, etc.

the music itself reflects how to become a "butterfly," embracing the black community, practicing religion, making art, avoiding bad influences that bring their social perception down.

funk, soul, jazz, and hip hop instrumentals are indicative of these positive art, religion, and community influences he speaks of.
>>
>>63584960
Him and lil b

>>63585004
Records don't sell now like they used to

>>63586307
Pac was just as lyrical as biggie. Different strokes though.

>>63588676
You don't know what happened

>>63589870
>maybe, if tupac kept living and actually made the stuff he talked about in his interviews
I'm curious as to what you mean exactly by this. He was a quick worker and got a lot done in his time.

>>63590187
As far as music goes, no. I would say lil b is closer in that sense and with his image.
>>
>>63590824

No, you're a fucking retard. The OP is a retard and everyone agreeing with the 2Pac/Kendrick comparisons are also fucking retards.

Tupac was all style, he loved being in the spotlight and he was a talented actor. He was outspoken, unforgiving and kind of a loudmouth.

Kendrick is basically the opposite. The only similarity they share is that they both sometimes write socially conscious music.

You're looking for ASAP Rocky if you want to compare Tupac to somebody in the game today.
>>
File: elliot.jpg (29 KB, 480x640) Image search: [Google]
elliot.jpg
29 KB, 480x640
>>63589870

>shakespeare is boring today

Eat shit.
>>
>>63589870

Taking old things and making them new or with a different twist is the foundation for objectively good art. All the great masters of their craft have been mimicked throughout time with each new master building upon the previous technique. That's how you can trace objectively

Kendrick is the new 2pac
>>
The G funk in GKMC sounds native to LA, obviously. The jazz in TPAB sounds like an NYC album though.

Anyone else find this jarring as hell?
>>
>>63590944
So now we're only talking strictly about social life? Forgive me for posting about music on a music board. 2pac had both style and substance if you actually listen to his albums. Most of his songs are socially conscious and only later when he started getting more famous with death row did he have more gangsta shit. Asap rocky is all style with little he can call his own. He takes from the south and doesnt represent the feeling of nyc. Pac represented the streets of LA from first hand experiences like kendrick. He was a revolutionary and visionary artist like kendrick and cared about his message and his people.
>>
>>63591335
I think the fact people are chanting his songs in the streets shows you how much black people care about his message. they did the same for pac too
>>
>>63584960
no young thug is
>>
>>63590824
>>maybe, if tupac kept living and actually made the stuff he talked about in his interviews
>I'm curious as to what you mean exactly by this. He was a quick worker and got a lot done in his time.
sorry i got caught up in the shitpost. desu, the only tupac i've listenned to is all eyez on me and me against the world, and it just sounded like good, old school, foundational hip hop. from what everyone was saying about tupac being goat, i thought it would be more. in my opinion, tupac was goat for his time but could have been doing more, but he got shot and now kendrick is continuing his legacy with tpab and UU. just my two cents, i've only listenned to two of tupac's albums.
>>
>>63591225
That's the internet generation of rap for you
>>
>>63592516
Elaborate.
>>
>>63584960
No he's better
>>
Pac never would have bragged about the size of his dick like this over-compensating manlet
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.