[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>all those phones >on a fucking CONCERT WHAT IS THE FUCKING
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3
>all those phones
>on a fucking CONCERT

WHAT IS THE FUCKING POINT?!?!

YES I AM FUCKING MAD

BECAUSE I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT PEOPLE ARE THIS FUCKING RETARDED
>>
idk maybe they wanna record the show and rewatch it.....
>>
>>63584108
Have you not been to a concert since 2013?

They're all like this
>>
>>63584123
In unwatchable and inaudible quality?
>>
>>63584133
I know, I mean in general

it's fucking ridiculous
>>
>not going to shows where the band brings a cellphone jammer
>not sitting in the front so nothing obscures your vision
>caring about what people do with their lives
>going to outdoor shows (worst one)
>>
>>63584208
Your second point is the only thing that pisses me off about this. You don't need to block everyone's view so you can record a shitty facebook event or Instagram video. Fuck off. I am so glad Jeff Mangum spit in that guys face for recording on a phone after he explicitly said not to fucking record.
>>
yeah i feel you. The bigger the name, the more people like that will show up. Even at primavera sound is like that. It's just people who go there to be seen. Going to mainstream music festivals these days is like log in on facebook.
People go to concerts to ear the big hit, have a laugh, record it on ipad and that's that.
>>
>>63584256
I don't see nothing wrong with that especially with artist who never tour near you.
James ferraro doesn't even set foot near me. so youtube/instagram is the closest thing i can get to hearing him live

stop the autism pls
>>
It used to be lighters, but they didn't film the show.
>>
>>63584256
Holy shit I was at that show!

Don't take pictures of Jeff Mangum. I saw him at Mountain Oasis in 2013, Asheville, NC and he immediately requested when he got on stage that no one take pictures. He began playing King of Carrot Flowers Pt. 1 and of course, someone snapped a picture. As if that wasn't bad enough, the flash was on and it really ruined the atmosphere of the show. He stopped playing and questioned who was taking pictures. Everyone in the crowd pointed at one guy, and Jeff proceeded to remove the guitar from around his neck and calmly walk off of stage.

When he arrived face to face with the provocateur, he spit in his face. Needless to say, the audience was shocked. Jeff began yelling "I thought I fucking said not to take pictures you dingus! Are you fucking deaf? Do you not speak English? I just wanted us all to be HERE, in this moment, in this room, sharing an experience. And you had to go and ruin that." something to that affect.

I was stunned. Jeff snapped his fingers and two big ass bouncers came and carried the dude away. Jeff got back on stage and exclaimed "Let that be a lesson to all of you". He threw the guitar back on, and began belting out "I LOOOOVE YOU JESUUUS CUH-RAAAAIIIIISSSSSTTTTT"

Best show I've ever been to.

tl;dr: Don't take any fucking pictures. Unless of course you want the novelty of Jeff Mangum spitting in your face and missing the rest of the show.
>>
people care more about showing other people that they are on a show than the show itself
>>
>>63584304
so sad
>>
Fuck I hate it! I didn't pay money to watch the gig through your fucking ipad.
>>
Kek this is pathetic. You just look like a fucking tard, but i guess it's ok when everybody else around you is a fucking tard too
>>
File: 1458997654460.jpg (284 KB, 1500x1000) Image search: [Google]
1458997654460.jpg
284 KB, 1500x1000
My sides
>>
When I saw Father John Misty at Glastonbury he grabbed someone's phone and went on a massive rant about how he was Chris Issak sent from the future or some shit

Funny guy, that Father John Misty
>>
why are you at a festival complaining about plebs? go to smaller shows most people don't do this. festivals suck dick
>>
People truly are stupid. I mean, I'm not gonna judge if you wanna take a photo or 10, but what is the point of just constantly having your phone up.

Do they not realize that there will be far more professional photos of the exact same concert online the day after. Do they really need a 30 minute recording that sounds like literal shit and 300 photos you can't see shit in.

What is even the point? Just stand there and listen, take a couple of photos and be happy knowing there are people with good cameras at said event taking good footage.
>>
>>63584297

Jeff Mangum is a huge pretentious cocksucker. I wanted to try and see NMH live after I heard they were playing a few shows again, but then I started seeing shit like this pop up and realized that Jeff is actually a fucking twat and so are all the fans. Holy shit, a bunch of adults ratted out another adult that took a fucking photo at a concert because Lord Mangum said so. Bunch of fucking yellow faggots.

Not to mention literally every lyric of every song is screamed by the audience, making a NMH show one of the most irritating things on the planet.
>>
>>63584483
>that guy
wew lad
>>
>>63584535
>artist says not to do something
>audience member does it anyways
>artist is mad

What's the problem here?
>>
Remember when I saw Swans live, and one guy in the front took a picture/started filming. Gira just stares at him and shakes his head and the guy puts his phone down. Fucking terrifying.
>>
>>63586103

>artist is a pretentious twat that asks someone to not take photos at a public event with their own camera

He's not asking people to not take photos because he's being distracted by it. He's making some fucking philosophical argument that everyone should "be here now, mannnnn" which is obnoxious. If someone wants to take a shitty photo of you on their cell phone in the dark, let them do it. It's only promotion for you if it ends up on social media.
>>
>>63584108
putting your phone out in the air on concert, is the new smoking on concert
>>
So glad King Crimson has and enforces a no recording policy
>>
Concerts are shit, nobody enjoys concerts. Since people realized that, they just take videos to say "I was here !"
>>
File: image.png (160 KB, 401x416) Image search: [Google]
image.png
160 KB, 401x416
>>63586164
Michael Gira is one of those guys who has that kind of look.
He just needs to give you a nasty glare or a look of disapproval and it's good enough to get most people to fuck off
>>
>>63584533

kind of like how i don't understand non people photography. most things you could take a picture of is on google street view.
>>
>>63584108
i like to take a 30sec-minute video a couple times throughout just so that I can watch it and jog my memory when I wanna relive or just remember the concerts i've been to that I liked
>>
>>63584483
theres one other guy I can see doing it too
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.