[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you think of the Post-grunge genre?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
What do you think of the Post-grunge genre?
>>
>>63583267
I don't mind a few bands from that scene/era, Foo Fighters probably being the best of the lot. People just need to relax a little, Foo Fighters made some fun music and you shouldn't be obliged to listen to extremely cerebral music all the time.
>>
Any rock music that women can enjoy is bad rock music by default.
>>
>>63583628
feel the same way with franz ferdinand.
instead of passing them off as a "lol leddit meme' band just try have fun with it.
>>
heard as "serious, powerful music": not worth my time
interacted with as singles heard on the radio and music videos: genuinely good pop music
I still don't think any of the self-consciously "pop" artists that came after that period ever exceeded this massive wave of guitar-based pop
>>
Objectively the worst "post-" genre
>>
>>63583783
>post-rock
GOAT
>post-punk
GOAT
>post-hardcore
GOAT
>post-metal
Ok
>post-grunge
Complete shit

Where did it all go wrong?
>>
>>63583267
Foo Fighters has nothing to do with grunge music, it is only labeled "Post-Grunge" because Grohl was in Nirvana
>>
>>63583803
This
Post-grunge is Puddle of Mudd, Incubus, Nickelback, Shinedown, Hoobastank and awful crap in this vein
>>
is this a serious question?

if you were hoping for the obvious answer...

yes, i fucking hate it all.
>>
>>63583817
Incubus doesn't deserved to be lumped with those bands. They started out as a funk band and are miles better than all of those others. Foo Fighters is more deserving of the post-grunge title in that they are clearly influenced by grunge music.
>>
>>63583817
there's at least 5 years between the demise of Nirvana and the ascendancy of those bands. literally anything that could be said to follow in the wake of those so-called "grunge" bands from the west coast, while not being of it, could reasonably be described as "post-grunge"
during the mid-'90s there were plenty of decent pop-rock bands pretending to be "serious music" while ruling the rock charts at the same time, before those obnoxious retreads you just listed started to inbreed the style out of existence
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.