[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fucking shit. I listened to this probably 3 or 4 times and each
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3
File: downloadfile-30.jpg (358 KB, 1080x1080) Image search: [Google]
downloadfile-30.jpg
358 KB, 1080x1080
Fucking shit. I listened to this probably 3 or 4 times and each time I just never understood what was so great about. It just sounded generic and shit, but for some reason I kept coming back to it. Finally I give it last listen and it finally clicked.

How the fuck does Future do it?
>>
I had the same thing happen. I listened to it but didn't care for it. Decided to give it another chance, maybe I missed something and each time would sound the same but I kept coming back to it. Shits good
>>
>>63582183
I'm happy for you because it's an amazing album

Easy AOTY 2015
>>
>>63582183
Glad you enjoy it OP. What is your favorite track?
>>
>>63582249
Probably tied with Thought It Was a Drought and I Serve The Base.
>>
>>63582249
The one about lean.
>>
On which song has he sampled Sonic Youth?
>>
>>63582271
I serve the base is the best
"i even let your bitch keep the gold bottle"
>>
>>63582271
Muh nigga
>>
>liking i serve the base at all outside of its ambition

no

bag a day or freak hoe is best
>>
Let's have an actual discussion for change, guys
What exactly do you think makes this album great apart from the beats? Cause I agree that the instrumentals are some of the best from last year, but lyrically it's the same old same old
And I can appreciate the whole catchy singy-rap flow guys like Future and Young thug does, but I feel like Young Thug is the only one that truly excels at it. He actually comes up with really great melodies and has one of the most enjoyable flows and voices ever in hip hop imo, while Future has both a horrible 'sludgy' voice (really don't see the appeal) and a flow that's not nearly as infectious. He comes up with a few catchy refrains, and Thought it was a drought and Blow a day both have really catchy hooks, but he just doesn't get near Thug melodic talent
So yeah I enjoy listening to the beats and some of the catchy moments, in spite of his voice and lyrics, but i can't call this album great because of the latter qualities. It's more like a guilty pleasure, and it would genuinely be a better as a instrumental album with maybe a couple of the hooks thrown in
I wish the instrumentals weren't as great as they are, I really don't like supporting a hack like future by listening to his music
>>
>>63582457
I haven't listened to Young Thug but I find Future's voice at times intoxicated and very druggy feeling which definitely work most of the time but I understand what you're going with. Lyrically he's alright. Nothing to praise so again you're right but he does great melodies.
>>
>>63582183

that is not the kind of album that "clicks". it's a generic trap album. you are forcing yourself to like it.
>>
>>63582457
>They got blood on the money and I still count it
>I can't help the way I'm raised up

>I took the pack out to Paris, me and that money got married
>Me and the molly got married

>I hang with all the killers and the robbers
>I pour me up a drink, say "Fuck my problems"

>I feel I'm walkin' through Hell
>I swear to God I'll never tell
>They try to give a nigga the chair
>I tell my mama, "Wish me well"

>I know the Devil is real
>I know the Devil is real

mfw Future accomplished in one song what Kendrick takes entire pretentious and self-indulgent concept albums to convey.
>>
>>63583105

the difference is Kendrick actually has good lyrics, rapping and production
>>
>>63583189
>Kendrick Lamar
>good production on anything since GKMC
>better production than the best production house in music today

jesus people think this
>>
I Serve the Base is fucking amazing
but the rest of the tape is overrated and inflated by future momentum, meghan garvey, and memes
>>
I downloaded like 5 diff uploads of this from what.cd and they all sound muddy and future's auto tune sounds way over stylised.
Anyone got a copy that sounds like this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7D76zV1AQPs
I'll upload ss3 in flac 24 bit lossless in the thread if you do
>>
>>63583459

>>good production on anything since GKMC

TPAB has AMAZING production. he worked with a ton of incredibly talented producers, such as FlyLo. who the fuck does Future work with? London On Da Track? Metro Boomin'? lmao
>>
>>63584117
FlyLo is talented but he makes muddled, "nu-jazz" bullshit that is in no way representative of how good of a producer he is. Everything he has released since Los Angeles has been horrible (cosmogramma was eh)

Thundercat and Pharrell were the only two producers to show up on TPAB

London and Metro are two of the absolute best in the game and if you can't realize that you're probably some "real hip-hop" neckbeard
>>
>>63584515

London and Metro make boring, generic trap beats. try and prove me wrong. explain what makes them the "absolute best"

>Cosmogramma was eh

actually better yet just kys
>>
>memerap
>finally clicked

No you just listened to it so much that your brain memorized it and will do anything to like that garbage.....

You do know the album cover is a stock photo right? . . . Finally clicked heh cringe
>>
>>63584515
wow finally someone is willing to admit this
his best work was obviously 1983
>>
>>63582183
mate it finally cucked now futures dick in ur arse hahaha
>>
>>63584563
lol these are generic trap beats to you?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2VrxrGcWl8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4W7yeDkku8
>>
>>63584563
they sound generic to you because they fucking invented the sound that everyone is ripping off in today's industry. They're both like 22 but have been the most influential producers in the last couple years

I'm not going to waste any time convincing you something you're not going to be convinced of but if you don't actually think trap is good I don't fucking understand why you enjoy rap music

If it was Lil Ugly Mane or El-P that made this beat you'd probably still be touching yourself to it
https://youtu.be/gnQ28xEzDBg

Cosmogramma is at the absolute best his third best project and a 6.5/10 overall
>>
>>63584597
no
>>
>>63584597
>>63584734
his best work is Los Angeles like I said before

in my opinion at least
>>
>>63584769
dude fuck off you're wrong
>>
>>63584777
lol you're oozing pleb
>>
>>63584833
look faggot let me let you in on a little secret
future is fucking amazing and DS2 is a masterpiece
fuck off back to /r/music if you disagree you're in the minority
>>
>>63583840
pls respond
Takes ten secs to upload something mega lads
>>
>>63584844
I agree with you on the second statement you're just wrong as fuck about everything else
>>
i can't enjoy that album now that i know the album cover is literally just a stock photo
>>
File: DS2_by_Future.png (310 KB, 760x440) Image search: [Google]
DS2_by_Future.png
310 KB, 760x440
>>63584895
That album cover was on my Chemistry book lmao
>>
Fly shit only>>>>>>
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.