[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Eh. Its alright
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4
Eh. Its alright
>>
>>63579834
>its alright

its objectively a classic fuck you
>>
Agreed
>>63579892
How?
>>
>>63579834
>>63579834
>Young Thug
>Alright
>Every
This homosexual's music is awful.
>>
>>63579892
tell me how it does anything new for hip-hop
>>
Literally mumble: the rapper
>>
>>63579970
this. i dont know why everyone sucks his fucking dick so much. its like the worst attempt to be contrarian ever, fucking edgy little faggots
>>
>>63579892
It does nothing new or unique dude.
>>
>>63579834
>Alright

Name your fav and least favorite song right now
>>
>>63579997
Did you listen to Constantly Hating? Amazing?
>>
>>63579978
>>63579997
The album's barely there production doesn’t so much frame Young Thug's rapping as it does provide a surface for his words to dance upon, to explore the art of rapping in multiple dimensions: melodically, rhythmically, lyrically, and in terms of composition. His voice glides through the thick absence of sound. He’s responsible for a lot of the songwriting; he knocks out his own hooks, and his writing speaks to his use of phrasing, his backgrounds, the flows he uses, and the way he plays with each song’s internal architecture. On “Halftime,” his car-screech adlibs are elongated—it’s as if a camera panned suddenly from a pinprick of light, causing it to blur—so he can change tones, harmonizing this background yelp with his own main vocals.

Thug's lyrical style stands out in a number of ways; the most obvious is his ear for figurative language. Hia similes often build upon familiar imagery, but move in unexpected directions. On “Check,” he opens rapping about a “Mink coat with the rolls like a Shar Pei”; later on, he raps, “All my niggas, they hard, call them beetles.” These aren’t punchlines intended to get rap fans doubling over laughing (although they can be funny in their unpredictability). Thug seems more interested in an original and idiosyncratic approach to imagery, in discovering pathways in language that haven’t already been heavily traveled.

In this, his lyrical approach is closer to a rapper like Raekwon than it is Lil Wayne, with whom Thug is frequently compared through some fault of his own. But any close reading of his lyrics suggest comparisons between The Barter 6 and Wayne’s Carter series, for which it is named, are a total misdirection. Where Wayne shredded his vocals against hip-hop’s formal constraints, Thug is a synthesist, a rapper of control, an artist in the process of reassembly.
>>
File: 1.jpg (130 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
130 KB, 400x400
Eh. Its alright
>>
>>63580248
Holy shit, you take trap rap way too seriously...
>>
>>63580204
Fav Constantly Hating
Least is either Dream or Halftime
>>
>>63580234
Yes I did. I liked it probably the most
>>
^he doesnt know
>>
v he does know
>>
>>63580337
Halftime is amazing you're high. Dream is weak I'll give you that.

And no Check? No With That

c'mon son
>>
File: IMG_2622.jpg (2 MB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2622.jpg
2 MB, 2592x1936
it's great!
>>
>>63580383
I would say Dream more than Halftime. I still need to give another listen to make a better judgement
>>
File: TLOF.png (814 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
TLOF.png
814 KB, 1024x1024
HUNNID BAND HUNNID BAND
>>
What's so great about it
>>
>>63580398
Are you black?
>>
>>63580433
Well, he isn't a vampire or invisible
>>
>>63580433
yeah
>>
>>63580510
What are you doing on /mu/?
>>
>>63580552
talking about music and shitposting
>>
Pussy niggas itt
>>
J
>>
What's the consensus on Slime Season 3?
>>
>>63580978
I think it's better than Barter 6 tbqh
>>
>>63580398
My man

>>63580552
there's tons of blacks on 4chan c'mon now son.
>>
N
>>
O
>>
M
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.