[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I just put this on for the first time since I've gotten
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
File: front.jpg (419 KB, 1409x1431) Image search: [Google]
front.jpg
419 KB, 1409x1431
I just put this on for the first time since I've gotten into free/spiritual jazz and Safe As Milk, holy shit.

Scaruffi is right.

Opinions on the album?
>>
mouse trap replica is better
>>
THE BLIMP THE BLIMP
>>
the album is pure bliss
>>
>>63577745
IT'S THE BLIMP FRANK
>>
>>63577690
you wont get it until you get into blues you fucking plebeian
>>
>>63577690
Most of these songs are extremely catchy, especially Pachuco Cadaver and Hobo Chang Ba
>>
I'm just waiting for the triggered meme boys to come and shit on it.
>>
>>63577793
Wtf? He likes the album, wdym he doesn't get it
>>
>>63577890
Ella Guru is catchiest for me
>>
>>63578278
He doesn't listen to the clashing instruments and think about the purpose and timing of them. He probably has such bad taste he's listening to this and thinks it's all nicely structured and proper and shit.
>>
>>63577690
go listen to Skip James, Howlin' Wolf, Mirror Man + Strictly Personal, and THEN listen to the full album again.

It's just like Ulysses. Once you understand all the influences, it just makes you lose your shit over how brilliant it is.
>>
>>63578296
I've always heard people say that and I've personally never understood it. I don't know what it is about it that I don't like as much as the others. Maybe it's because I was so stunned by it when I first heard it. Same goes for Pena. That song made me really uncomfortable when I first heard it
>>
>>63578644
Favourite Tracks for me are probably also Dali's Car and The Blimp
>>
>>63578681
Those are great too. Mu favorite instrumental is probably Hair Pie: Bake 2. Love it so much that I learned to play it by ear. It honestly sounds like the world is ending or something to that manner
>>
Where does one go from here? I know there's nothing like this album... but... there has to be something?
>>
>>63579408
Which aspects of it do you like? Have you looked into free jazz?
>>
File: B00004TA40.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg (23 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
B00004TA40.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg
23 KB, 500x500
>>63579408
>>
>>63579504
>tfw love TMR but can't get into this
>>
FALLIN' DITCH AIN'T GONNA GET MY BONES

I laughed so hard when i listened to this song the first time cause of this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlaepaZ6-yo
>>
>>63579408
Don't know what your opinion is on Anthony Fantano, but these were his recommendations:
1. The Velvet Underground - White Light / White Heat
2. Tom Waits - Bone Machine
3. The Mothers of Invention - Freak Out
4. King Crimson - Lark’s Tongue In Aspic
5. Can - Monster Movie
>>
>>63577761
how can you legitimately enjoy shit like the dust blows forward?
>>
>>63579716
To be fair, it does sound like the ramblings of a mad man
>>
>>63579716
The first bit of that is strangely catchy for me, but it drags on a bit too much.
>>
>>63577793
lol no
>>
>>63580170
lol denial
>>
>>63577690
Its literally one of the worst albums ever made. Someone reviewed it positively and everyone on /mu/ like the autists they are have been shilling its good. Its like a shitty food everyone knows it shit but they just pretend to like it.

Its okay to admit its a shit album because that's what it is.
>>
>>63580361
There are people who get off on having shit smeared in their face.

There are people who like to kill people and fuck their corpses.

Is it really so fucking hard to believe, just because you don't like something, that other people might genuinely enjoy it.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.