[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/futurefunk/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: a0695759221_10.jpg (459 KB, 790x790) Image search: [Google]
a0695759221_10.jpg
459 KB, 790x790
new moeshop

https://soundcloud.com/keyboard-kid-side-stuff/sets/moshi-moshi-ep
>>
>>63570685
this is great
>>
this is one of the like 3 future funk albums i actually like

i like how he actually does something with the sample instead of slowing it down
>>
>>63572225
yeah, I always get really disheartened when I listen to a future funk source and realize it's just barely altered jpop
>>
This guy has talent, he should be investing it in a genre that's not dead such as oceangrunge or post-nightcore
>>
download where
>>
I thought this would just be some shitty weebcore.

It's good weebcore.
>>
>>63572318
there's an excess of derivative future funk, to the point where you could probably say future funk is a dead genre, but suggesting that an artist move to another meme genre is asinine. The problem is too many artists are working within the rules of a genre. This comment undermines what this artist is doing that falls outside future funk conventions. Yes it's future funk, but he's doing more than just putting a kick-snare on Anri for the 1000th time.
>>
>>63572472
>The problem is too many artists are working within the rules of a genre.

This is actually precisely why post-nightcore has potential: it shatters this limitation. But every time I try to explain this, people insist that I'm memeing.
>>
>>63572557
it's sped up post rock/alt rock dude. How long before you realize that all these microgenres function on the same premise? Slow down/speed up music from some genre, add some effects, chop it up maybe, and tie it into Japanese culture somehow. Yes, it has potential, but no more than any of the other vaporwave byproducts.
>>
french house for trendy internet kids
>>
>>63572735
That's not what it is at all. That's what one person chose to do.
>>
>>63572557
I like the idea of post-nightcore but all the examples of it I've heard so far were terrible, I think it has potential though.
>>
>>63572822
tell me, what about post-nightcore makes it worth working in as a genre? Every post-nightcore song I've come across is either blatant plagiarism or musique-concrete with memes.
>>
>>63572824
https://fore-ver.bandcamp.com/track/dead-end-cycle
https://littletinysounds.bandcamp.com/track/ready-for-impact-single-version
https://light-syndrome.bandcamp.com/track/8

none of these are bad but there's definitely still room for improvement. keep in mind that most post-nightcore was in production from less than one night to just under a week
>>
>>63573105
Because there are no limitations outside of including at least one sped up/pitched up sample and even then the source of the sample itself is fair game. Albums In One Minute already demonstrated how this mindset can be taken to an extreme to produce an interesting noise; you only need to take it a step further and utilize these sounds as samples.

It's not the fault of the genre itself that people are sticking to a comfort zone. Much more can be done with post-nightcore and nobody seems to realize it. Yet despite this, it has already split into several distinct aesthetics. You can argue that they aren't particularly appealing ones but what other microgenre allows for such variety?
>>
>post-nightcore
that still exists?
>>
>>63573858
It's kind of dead but for-ever is still making it

expect a renaissance when someone comes along and proves its worth
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.