[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thoughts about pic related?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
Thoughts about pic related?
>>
bretty guud
>>
Pretty good. I like his work with Weather Report and Joni Mitchell too. Haven't checked out any of his other solo stuff though. What else do you recommend?
>>
Much better than most of Weather Report albums that Jaco plays on.

Jaco's Donna Lee actually sounds much cooler and pretty different when you play the chord changes with the recorded track. It's actually very impressive how he came up with all these cool harmonies for his bass solo, but then just went and recorded it without the harmony anyway.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rk5tx3Cea6Y
>>
>>63570286
Word of Mouth and Invitation are the other essential ones IMHO
>>
>>63570286

Check out his first album, same cover art as pic in OP. Other than that check out his live albums, the birthday concert is pretty dope.
>>
>>63570318
That actually sound pretty sick, was thinking about learning Donna Lee, this will give some great potential for a bass arangment with a loop pedal.
>>
>>63569927
Great bassist
Iffy songwriter but amazing soloist and has great solo bass pieces
>>
>>63570478
Agree. Even though he can be really technical sometimes he is still able to make it sound good harmonicaly in comparison to somebody like Wooten or Buckethead.
>>
>>63569927
Grimes is looking better than usual
>>
Jaco was very talented and this is probably my favorite thing he did along with Hejira. His stuff with Report has its moments but I much prefer their stuff without Jaco :(
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.