[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
not even blackstar was original top kek has he ever made ANYTHING
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: 1.png (1 MB, 1816x960) Image search: [Google]
1.png
1 MB, 1816x960
not even blackstar was original top kek

has he ever made ANYTHING original?
>>
Has anyone?
>>
literal overrated hack more known for his wild appearance than his (lack of) talent at composing or perfoming. a trendhopper who basically ripped off other shit that was going on around him and watered it down for a mainstream audience, and his few good albums were collabs with more talented musicians like Eno and Mick Ronson.
>>
>>63566601
>inspired by something = non original
come on dude weak troll
>>
David Bowie turned marketing into the essence of his art. All great phenomena of popular music, from Elvis Presley to the Beatles, had been, first and foremost, marketing phenomena, however, Bowie turned that into an art of its own. With Bowie the science of marketing becomes art; art and marketing become one. There were intellectuals who had proclaimed this theory in rebellious terms. Bowie was, in many ways, the heir, no matter how perverted, of Andy Warhol's pop art and of the underground culture of the 1960s. He adopted some of the most blaspheme issues and turned them upside down to make them precisely what they had been designed to fight: a commodity. Bowie was a protagonist of his times, although a poor musician: to say that Bowie is a musician is like saying that Nero was a harp player (a fact that is technically true, but misleading). Bowie embodies the quintessence of artificial art, raises futulity to paradigm, focuses on the phenomenon rather than the content, makes irrelevant the relevant, and, thus, is the epitome of everything that went wrong with rock music. Each element of his art is the emblem of a true artistic movement however, the ensemble of those emblems constitutes no more than a puzzle, no matter how intriguing, of symbols, a roll of incoherent images projected against the wall at twice the speed, a dictionary of terms rather than a poem, and, in the best of hypotheses, a documentary of the cultural fads of his era. Reading the chronicles of his times, it is clear that what caused sensation was the show, not the music. The show that Bowie set up was undoubtedly in sync with the avantgarde, as it fused theater, mime, cinema, visual art, literature and music. However, Bowie merely recycled what had been going on for years in the British underground, in particular what had been popularized by the psychedelic bands of 1967. And he turned it into a commodity: whichever way you look at his oeuvre, this is the real merit of it.
>>
>>63566613
>watered it down
subjective
kys
>>
>>63566642
it's a little more than subjective when thats the biggest criticism of his music that people with exposure to music outside of an approved bubble have against him
>>
I know I'm taking the bait but literally every album ever made was inspired by something.
>>
>>63566632
you don't expect anyone to read this, do you?
>>
>>63566680
the point is that the people he rips off always tried new things, regardless of whether they were inspired by something or not
>>63566766
i don't expect bowie fans to read anything
>>
>>63566613
you forgot Neu and krautrock in general
>>
>still listening to Memewie
>>
>>63566790
Where is the rip off?
>>
>>63566632
kek, I wish I had seen this 1 month ago, I would have copypasted it to facebook to shut down all the crying fags.
>>
he spent his last days listening to pleb grips lmao
>>
>>63568195
>>63568122
>>63566790
>>63566601

> being this new
> not knowing this 4 months ago
> not being familiar with the pierro copypasta meme from 1 year ago

Memewie-meme forcers should btfo to tumblr
>>
>>63568272
What did he mean by this ?
>>
>>63568272
> the "ive been here longer than you" meme
> the i hit the spacebar when greentexting meme
kek fucking newfag
>>
>>63566601
All music is not original. It builds and works upon other genres.

Kill yourself
>>
>>63568307
>>63568460
> this butthurt
Try harder to fit in, you look disgusting
Kill yourselves
>>
>>63566680
did the guy who invented albums listen to albums?
>>
>>63568504
I shouldn't even be indulging a laymen neanderthal fucker like you but
>It builds and works upon other genres.
is objectively wrong. but it doesnt surprise me that you think this way. how would you know about all the music that is influenced by things outside of music, you only listen to oasis and of montreal
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.