[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /mu/, I want to start recording rap tracks on my PC. I've
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: snow blueball.jpg (120 KB, 1138x1500) Image search: [Google]
snow blueball.jpg
120 KB, 1138x1500
Hey /mu/,

I want to start recording rap tracks on my PC. I've decided to buy a USB mic for it. I got my eye on two mics: Blue Yeti and Blue Snowball.

Have any of you ever used either of them for recording rap vocals and how was it? Which one should I get? I'm open to other suggestions, the price range should be $100-120
>>
>>63563348
is this satire?
>>
Just buy a real mic and an audio interface
>>
>>63563348
Blue ball.
>>
Don't buy any of them. Record on a phone to get that lo-fi sound which is a very good sound and is starting to get more and more popular.
>>
cringe
>>
>>63563348
If you're paying 100 for a snowball you're wasting too much money. They're worth 50 bucks and are good for just about only rapping. Got one recently, singing makes it buzz like a mother fucker when I start projecting for real.

It's not a terrible mic but I will definitely be getting a better one down the road. Get a Shure SH-57 or a Rodie mic for 100-200 bucks, you'll get much better quality.

The Snowball is decent, it has 3 settings, one for vocals, one for instrumentation and one for conference calls and such. It's really not a great mic for recording singing though if you plan on doing any of that. Here's something I recorded with it entirely.

https://soundcloud.com/quasr/grandson-the-wreck-of-the-edmund-fitzgerald-cover

Like I said, not terrible but there are better mics out there, especially for 100-120 bucks. I find the Snowball picks up a bit too much noise at times as well as reverberation. To be fair, I don't have my room sound proofed so that's part of the problem, but I know there are better condenser mics that cut down on stuff like that. For rapping though, it's good enough for getting a mixtape or demo together to be honest. If you know how to mix and master or know someone who does they can make it sound pretty nice.
>>
>>63563360
>>63563392
>>63563417
Don't listen to these guys. Buying a mic and audio interface is not within the price range of 100 to 120 dollars. I wouldn't recommend going out and buying an amazing mic and interface for your first recording projects.
>>
is that a dildo?
>>
>>63563348
I bought a Blue Snowball for $50 or so (you can wait and Amazon usually has them on sale sometimes and get them for less though). I got one just to introduce myself to recording because I had never recorded before. I would recommend doing the same. Just use a free audio software like Audacity.

Only complaint I'd say I have with the mic is that it has very low input levels.
>>
File: dildo.jpg (4 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
dildo.jpg
4 KB, 300x300
>>63563468
a more conventional mic looks closer to a dildo than that?
>>
>>63563482
I'd have to disagree, that might be your program you're recording with. Raise the mic input in audacity. I have a problem with mine clipping the input when I sing in higher registers and project more. It's the reason I'm going to be getting a legitimate condenser mic in the next couple of months.
>>
>>63563437
Yeah, that's what I thought as well. I don't need a fancy audio interface for my first recording.
>>63563482
Thanks for that, I'll make sure to follow it on Amazon and look for a sale!
>>63563422
Thanks man! This is actually really helpful. Also, I actually really like the song you did, you're very talented!
>>
>>63563498
you should see the dildos the kids are using today
>>
>>63563529
oh I've seen the dragon dildos.
>>
>>63563529
that's true, my wife's son uses a hairbrush up the jacksy
>>
>wanting to buy a mic when yachty is basically recording his raps on a hamburger phone
>>
>>63563887
sauce?
>>
File: 1454779076749.jpg (76 KB, 617x932) Image search: [Google]
1454779076749.jpg
76 KB, 617x932
>>63563348
hahahaha wewwwww hhahah
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.