[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are so many songs about love? Humans are superficial, men
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (2 MB, 5760x3840) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2 MB, 5760x3840
Why are so many songs about love? Humans are superficial, men and women, and generally simply want to fuck. Women are whores and men are pigs, true love is very rare. Society has cultivated beta males into writing songs about chicks but that doesn't actually get you laid. You have better luck getting laid by ignoring women and making them think you're better than her.
>>
heres a tip. Beta males aren't writing the songs. Betas are buying them.
>>
This is why I only write instrumental music now.
>>
would slam/10
>>
sex and dating used to be very different. Basically now we're all replacable and you can get drugs pretty easy anyways, so people aren't jonesing for their oxytosin as much.
>>
It hit the feels better than a song about how meaningless is life.
>>
Because it's efficient. Love and sex instantly appeal to a wide audience, are easy to write about, and can easily make your song sound "intense" even when the music and lyrics are trite.

People aren't driven by what they think other people's or society's interests are, they're mostly driven by demand and wanting to pursue their own interests (i.e. money and/or fame). That's why most music played in public places and most videos appeal to the lowest common denominator.

You'll notice that love and sex are less prevalent outside of mainstream pop music.
>>
>>63560765
Sure if all you care about is fucking, ignore the hell out of her. Make her want you. Go for the most base primal instincts.

However, if you want a life partner, it's about treating a woman with respect and actually taking interest in what she loves and wants. True love is far better than any of the best sex I've had. And actually, the best sex I've had was with the people I've loved very deeply. One night stands are fucking lame and don't get my rocks off like making love. At all.

The most beta of males are the ones who think the number of chicks you fuck matters. It's the quality of the relationship you shared. Your fuck sessions are far more shallow than anything emotional you could experience.
>>
>>63560765
pffff
>fuck off back 2 r/theredpill with that Eliot Rogers shit
>>
>>63562854
Would you describe the sex you have as... Euphoric?
>>
why are there so many love songs? why do they sing about LOVE?
>>
>>63560765
Love isn't confined to interpersonal relationships. It's the driving force behind many things humans do, even some things that can be percieved as malicious. Many love songs are simply paralleled to relationships because that's what sells easier.
>>
People want music about real emotions.

Alot of people don't have any interesting emotions to express other than love.
>>
>>63560775
>Beta males aren't writing the songs
>Betas are buying them
What a retarded post. You want to sound clever so bad, but have absolutely NO real life experience on the matters at hand… and it shows.
>>
>>63564869
what advice would you enlighten him with anon
>>
>>63564580
This is like asking what makes us human.
>>
Someone's been spending too much time on /r9k/.

Get out and see how the real world works.
>>
>>63560765
It's definitely a played out subject but we are social creatures and love is the emotional conclusion to our nature.
>>
>>63560765
>You have better luck getting laid by ignoring women and making them think you're better than her.
>I know she sees me ignoring her
>Why don't I have a girlfriend?
>>
File: 1337110733556.jpg (94 KB, 623x700) Image search: [Google]
1337110733556.jpg
94 KB, 623x700
>>63560765
Because its one of the most relatable concepts/topics and artists want to sell as much as their music as possible.
>>
>>63560787
lol you write music
>>
oh my god you are all so delusional

love is a wider concept than wanting to fuck someone or even wanting to spend a lot of time with some because you enjoy their presence and security. love is literally the only thing we have going as a race living in this universe. we became smart enough to realize we are alive, we have emotions, we have needs and desires, motivations. all of these things are connected to love.

all music is about love due to the immense pain and immense bliss it can create. it's a very wide spectrum that applies to everyone. if you really think that it's society neutering men and thats why music is about love, you need to a) drop acid and reflect b) open yourself up to and stop being so fucking cynical c) not share your opinion about it because you're wrong.

i believe that every emotion is tied to 'love,' love being the gasoline that makes the universe tick. that's super esoteric, so let me put it in more agreeable terms: love is the one thing we can all relate to.

this fact does not inform the creative process on a superficial, monetary level, but on a human connectedness less. we write about love because it's impossible to fully explain with words and sometimes music does a better job it.

anyway, i know i'm right so don't even bother trying to argue.
>>
>>63560765
>and generally simply want to fuck
its the reason why we exist and continue to exist
>>
>>63566272
sex and love are not the same thing
>>
>tfw I have a gf
>tfw I never believed the whole "ignore her and she will like you more"
>tfw literally the only time she ducks me is when I ignore her for a few days

Seriously why does it work this way?
>>
File: image.jpg (331 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
331 KB, 1920x1080
>>63566249
See, I almost went this deep to explain it, but then I rememembered what website I was on and said fuck it.
>>
>>63566249
>you need to a) drop acid and reflect
Almost a 10/10 post, oh "enlightened" one. But there are more ways to navigate than with shortcuts and cheat codes.
>>
>>63566249
love has nothing to do with the universe, it maybe humans "gasoline" but it has nothing to with the coldness of the universe.
>>
>>63566249
"love" only exists because tptb decided to outlaw base instincts
>>
>>63566249

Pretty good, pretty good, too bad many people on this site automatically disregard ideas and thoughts like these.
>>
>>63566249
anon in love here
can confirm
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.