[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was crunkcore the lowest point of music as a whole?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (45 KB, 540x540) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45 KB, 540x540
Was crunkcore the lowest point of music as a whole?
>>
no

that would guns and roses
>>
>>63560403
no, current rap music is
>>
not while death grips is still making "music"
>>
>>63560423
Ok explain to me without any memes or buzzwords how current hip hop is worse than crunkcore
>>
>>63560424
There's people who unironically think this
>>
>>63560433
Explain to me without any memes or buzzwords how crunkcore is the lowest point of music as a whole
>>
>>63560403
It definitely was
>>
>>63560570
at least one anon can admit it
>>
>>63560462
>the lyrics are complete shit
>the singers can't sing
>the screamers can't scream
>the rappers can't rap
>the instrumentals are worthless
>>
>>63560403
no, it was deafheaven
>>
PC Music is, in my opinion. Americans always find a way to fuck electronic music up. Europeans have always been successful and innovative, but the US, Jesus fucking Christ, look what they did to electronic music. EDM?! Are you fucking kidding me? They only use electronic music to do OD to. Honestly, rap has done so much more for electronic music than any other popular American genre.
>>
>>63561742
>americans always find a way to fuck electronic music up
most producers are still borrowing from chicago and detroit

they did ruin dubstep though
>>
>>63561790
Okay, actually a great point. But didn't Germany's scene coincide with Detroit and Chicago? I wish UK garage was actually a thing.
>>
>>63561742
It's your turn now. We already had our EDM-style-shit-music during the 90's with the likes of darude, eiffel 65 and so many other crap i can't remember, now it's your turn America :D
>>
>>63560423
>TLOP
>untitled unmastered
>implying 2016 hasn't been a phenomenal year for rap
wow
>>
>>63561866
Hahaha, I'll take "I'm Blue (da ba di da ba da)" over Skrillex and co. any day of the week.
>>
>>63561790
yeah and those guys borrowed from kraftwerk, you can always find stuff before other stuff
>>
>>63560462

It's the ultimate pinnacle of style-over-substance music making.

You don't have to be talented in rapping, singing, songwriting or even screaming. You just had to look like you fit into the stupid scene and be cute enough to get lonely girls to add you on myspace. It's a genre where zero musical talent is required to be sucessful.
>>
>>63561930
yeah but at the end of the chain he's right, it's typical american behavior to capitalize on a certain genre, trimming off the edges and inserting pop chords so the pleb eats it and buys it.
>>
no, that would be rock
>>
>>63561890
>phenomenal year
>names one artist

i mean i agree but come on fambruhgini youre making a shit case
>>
>>63561890
TLOP was shit you memer
>>
probably not as bad as the current Kanye-esque pop rap trend
>>
>>63560403
the lowest poit of music is this vapid sex culture of pop and top40
>>
>>63562308
ok but crunkcore took that and made it even worse

>>63562277
objectively not true, show me 3 rap songs that you think are worse than crunkcore and I'll show you 3 crunkcore songs that prove you wrong
>>
The lowest point of /mu/ is when all the newfags came in and started pretending that top 40 pop is good and not bad.
>>
>>63562355
show me two
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pbp8PtBcM7A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqi5U0lNDPA
>>
>>63562308
found the virgin
>>
>>63562232
>>names one artist
>>
>>63562409

>not being a virgin
>>
>>63562454
I am a virgin though
>>
>>63560442
promise, in 2-3 years you'll realize how much of pure bullshit death grips "music" is, as soon as the hype is completely gone
>>
>>63562381
ok well first off, you said "kanye esque pop rap" and gave me two outsider meme artists but sure I'll bite

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEKeYOgxV4c&index=10&list=PLE424773228CDA0E8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2Bo_bVbpgc&list=PLE424773228CDA0E8&index=21
in this one they actually say nigger
>>
>>63562483
>>63560403
wtf
you win
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.