[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I think that art is overrated, discuss. random pic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: Fedora.png (139 KB, 466x466) Image search: [Google]
Fedora.png
139 KB, 466x466
I think that art is overrated, discuss. random pic
>>
Okay

and guess what I SAGED your thread dude
>>
>>63560384
Dropped your hat, anon.
>>
your mum is overrated
>>
>>63560384
I don't believe in objective values, but I have arbitrarily assigned art as the most valuable thing in the world. come at me.
of course, some artistic mediums (like video games) are higher than others
>>
File: b8.png (146 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
b8.png
146 KB, 625x626
>>63560384
jesus fucking christ dude
>>
>>63560465
Why all the retarded 4channers dodge any type of debate and call everything bait?
>>
>>63560531
Because they dont know how to talk like a proper human being anon
>>
The fact that so many books still name art "the greatest or most significant or most influential" human achievement ever only tells you how far art still is from becoming a serious thing. Science critics have long recognized that the greatest scientists of all times are Einstein and Newton, who were not the most famous or richest or best sellers of their times, let alone of all times. Philosophical critics rank the highly controversial Immanuel Kant over classical philosophers who were highly popular in courts around Europe. Art critics are still blinded by commercial success: the art is sold more than anything else (not true, by the way), therefore they must have been the greatest. Science critics grow up investigating a lot of science of the past, philosophy critics grow up reading a lot of classical philosophy of the past. Art critics are often totally ignorant of the art of the past, they barely know the best sellers. No wonder they will think that the art did anything worth of being saved.
>>
>>63560384
The fact that so many books still name art "the greatest or most significant or most influential" human achievement ever only tells you how far art still is from becoming a serious thing. Science critics have long recognized that the greatest scientists of all times are Einstein and Newton, who were not the most famous or richest or best sellers of their times, let alone of all times. Philosophical critics rank the highly controversial Immanuel Kant over classical philosophers who were highly popular in courts around Europe. Art critics are still blinded by commercial success: the art is sold more than anything else (not true, by the way), therefore they must have been the greatest. Science critics grow up investigating a lot of science of the past, philosophy critics grow up reading a lot of classical philosophy of the past. Art critics are often totally ignorant of the art of the past, they barely know the best sellers. No wonder they will think that the art did anything worth of being saved.
>>
life without art is meaningless
>>
File: manwithhat.jpg (55 KB, 588x350) Image search: [Google]
manwithhat.jpg
55 KB, 588x350
>>63560699
Life is always meaningless. I know so, I read Nietzsche's wikipedia page, you see
>>
>>63560384
hehe a fedora
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.