[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
why the fuck is this album so hyped? yeah the production is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: overratedgarbage.jpg (11 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
overratedgarbage.jpg
11 KB, 480x360
why the fuck is this album so hyped?

yeah the production is top notch but the rapping is fucking weak and monotone

please enlighten me on why this is so good
>>
>>63558584
the monotone voice make his deliver more sinister.
he didn't used to rap like that but made the decision to change it and rerecord a few tracks.
>>
>>63558616
delivery*
>>
MF DOOM has always, and will always, rap monotone and predictable.

If I can be honest, I don't necessarily like him for his enginuity or anything. He just sounds straight out of a bygone age. And his lyrics are always witty and .. comforting in some way? Plus he always gets really solid producers and rappers to work with him, making his albums overall better.

tl;dr, it's a power project, it's not about whether Doom's lyrics make you go OOOOOHHHH DAMN, GOT EMMMM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPd5oLhCcpw
>>
>>63558584
I think this is the weakest of his works. Solid production, but I'm not a big fan of it as I used to be.
>>63558647
I can see where you're getting at. I think many of his tracks are great in terms of his execution, as "bland" as they may be. It makes many of his tracks powerful, with the help of the producers/feat. rappers, and quite soothing. Love playing his shit while I drive or hang around with friends for this reason.
>>
>>63558584
>the rapping is fucking weak

the only thing weak here is your fucking b8 m8
>>
File: 20160319_123420.jpg (1 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20160319_123420.jpg
1 MB, 3264x1836
Found this girl in a national gathering of biology students, in the first day. Based
>>
>>63558584
it's all about his flow
>>
theres no hooks so it makes you re listen to it a bunch which people mistake replay ability for being good. same with dean blunt
>>
>>63560334
looks like she could be a bit healthy, don't pursue
probably racemixing too
>>
>>63558584
It's an acquired taste.
>>
>>63558584
I agree about his delivery but maybe as some are saying he did it to sound more sinister, which makes sense. Cool, collected, merciless.

But his lyricism is far beyond a lot of other rappers. I don't know what to tell you if you can't recognize this. Even Mos Def has said he's one of the best rappers out there.

"If Wayne and DOOM had a rap battle I'd put a MILLION DOLLARS up on DOOM!"

Word for word what he said, if I remember correctly. And since people thought Lil Wayne was SOOOO FUCKING AMAZING at rapping, that's essentially an endorsement for saying he's one of the best rappers out there.
>>
>>63558584
didn't understand anything about your post
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.