[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
JAI THREAD thiughts on the new ak single? speculation about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (38 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38 KB, 500x375
JAI THREAD

thiughts on the new ak single? speculation about jai release(s)? when they might drop the "paul institute" thing and just release normally?
>>
>>63556266
they won't drop it for a very long time, if at all. It's clear they aren't interested in doing anything via normal channels
>>
talk about hype derailment. they should have dropped the AK Paul single without this website nonsense. If Jai isn't dropping this week i can see people turning on him. Heard he got dropped from XL so I imagine he's kind of running around with his head chopped off not knowing how to properly market himself.
>>
>>63556266

what the fuck is up with this retard's hair?
>>
>>63558133
it's just an undercut you autist

>>63557950
it's pretty fucking annoyinh
>>
Paul institute is their record label, theyve gone independent
>>
so how do i enter the website?
all i can do is enter my id (whatever that means... the number of my id? i'm not from the uk, though) and the last four digits of my phone number (and again... i'm not from the uk).
>>
>>63558978
found the registration somehow.
it seems you can only register if you're from one of like six countries.

if you're anywhere else in the world, the only option to get a physical copy of this is to wait and shell out far too much money to an asshole on discogs.

nice. :^)
thanx jai!
>>
>>63559033
I emailed them about that and they said they'll be adding more countries soon
>>
>>63559074
>implying their probably very limited pressing of this won't sell out by then

if it hasn't already lmao
>>
>>63559126
desu I don't care as long as things are ready for Jai's single
>>
>>63557970
Did XL drop him because he procrastinates too much?
>>
>>63556266
>years of mega hype
>they make their own label
>everyone hyped for new Jai
>a boring single by AK is dropped instead
people are getting pissed with Jai, including me
>>
>>63558133
You wish you could look that fucking cool with an undercut and swasticas painted on your cheeks. Faggot.
>>
>>63559273
Why the fuck are you guys being so fucking entitled right now?

And if I remember correctly, his brother was a co-producer on his self-titled. So, hold the fuck on.
>>
>>63559283
AK is a good producer but pretty shit songwriter.
>>
https://twitter.com/disconaivete/status/713112046615846912
Well, it's happening
>>
>>63559265
probably. they gave him an advance and probably gets checks >400 weekly. probably more since XL is huge
>>
>>63559303
I guess even XL got tired of the mystery bullshit.
>>
so what do you think of this single?

it's not bad. i mean, it's kinda eh compared to most of jai's stuff, but the style still sounds fresh enough to carry a subpar song.
>>
>>63559324
Did his self-titled ever see a formal release or did it just leak?
>>
Said it yesterday but I doubt XL dropped him. Richard Russell knew Jai was special and in interviews seemed content to wait it out for him
>>
>>63559344
they took him off their website
>>
>>63559342
I agree. I love the production and the aesthetic of it. It is pretty "meh" as far as song writing goes but I listen to it.
>>
>>63559348
http://xlrecordings.com/index.php/buy#jaipaul-jasmine%28demo%29

They are still selling his stuff. They took him off the "Current Artists" tab but maybe that was an accident
>>
Here's another AK Paul track from 2014 that he produced (I'm pretty sure, has that PAUL sound to it), NAO sang over it.

https://soundcloud.com/thisnao/nao-vs-a-k-paul-so-good

Love this.
>>
>>63559343
It's still just a leak. It's becoming strangely hard to find, almost no songs from it are even on YouTube.

>>63559360
>removed from roster just as a new website/project appears
It's no accident.
>>
>>63559360
>http://xlrecordings.com/index.php/buy#jaipaul-jasmine%28demo%29
Maybe they will be changing his branding to Paul Institute and marketing he and his brother as an act instead of just Jai Paul? Kind of like Avey and Panda Bear making STGSTV and then changing to Animal Collective eventually?

I could see something like that happening. Cause I am pretty sure Jai and AK both produced and wrote Jai Paul's self-titled.
>>
>>63559379
Now that could be interesting. Jai is a great sog writer and AK is a good producer, so now I'm thinking this will happen. I didn't think I could get more hype but I am.
>>
File: Untitled.png (316 KB, 1915x550) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
316 KB, 1915x550
>>63559371
its back for me guess they did take him off for a moment but then again MIA is on here and she hasn't been with XL for years
>>
>>63559371
What the fuck is going on with this guy man? He's been using the same songs since 2007. It's been nearly 10 years and this mother fucker STILL hasn't officially released an album? All we have is a leak? Did he leak it himself as a slight to the record industry or what?

Glad I found it...
>>
>>63559386
AK it seems did the guitar/bass work on the leak but Jai is quite the production wizzkid too
>>
>>63559393
A music site did some extensive digging on finding the source and it eventually went back to a Facebook profile made years ago that was just called Jai. So it points to Jai or AK leaking it, which I can believe since it made the hype increase even more.
>>
Wonder if AK knows he's the inferior brother
>>
>>63559441
Wouldn't it be some shit if this is just the official release of that leak they're gearing up for?
>>
>>63559474
lmao
>>
>>63559474
He's not though, he brings plenty to Jai's sound. You can hear the similarities between Jai and AK's work even in Landcruisin. The production and instrumentation sounds almost exactly like something from Jai Paul's album. It's just his vocals aren't as good.
>>
>>63559476
I honestly wouldn't mind a high quality release of the leak but I highly doubt that will be happening. Jai is said to have scrapped all of the songs featured on the leak and started new ones.
>>
>>63559491
They definitely built the sound together, but Jai brings it to places that AK can't/won't. They sound similar but Jai's music is more agile and has a wider array influences brought into it.
>>
>>63559552
How can you know this? We've heard one fucking song from AK.
>>
>>63559563
Listen to the other two songs on his soundcloud. They're all different branches of the same style.
>>
>>63559576
Those other two songs aren't exclusively his though, they're songs he was either featured on or helped produce...We don't know enough about AK Paul to determine if he's a bad song writer or not.
>>
>>63559552
How do you know that AK Paul didn't help BRING those songs to those places that Jai wouldn't have been able to otherwise?

This is the point of collaborating man. To sit there and say Jai is better when his brother helped him entirely on his album isn't really fair. You have to give AK some of the credit man.
>>
>>63559389
I think they might still handle distribution of her work in the UK.

I also think she might resign for them after her next album.
>>
can anyone from the us, uk or one of the supported countries confirm if landcruisin on vinyl is still available?

if so, how much does it cost?
>>
>whats goin on my names jai im a artist/producer >jst startin out in the game
>been makin these joints in my spare time let me >kno if u feel it
>cheers
>jai

L E G E N D
>>
>>63559719
his myspace is full of gold

>LABELS GIVE ME A CHANCE
>>
>>63559830
Myspace was the GOAT platform for musicians desu. Soundcloud is oversaturated
>>
>>63559699
Just bought it here in Australia for 9GBP plus 4GBP shipping.

The description said they weren't shipping for 4-6 weeks, meaning perhaps they haven't even been pressed yet and they're still gauging numbers?

Regardless, i'm sure they'll still be around a while longer.
>>
anyone have a dl link for this?
>>
>>63560800
It's on soundcloud senpai, just search "landcruisin"
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.