[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there anything bad with the police? Except maybe sting being
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4
Is there anything bad with the police? Except maybe sting being a huge fucking faggot
>>
No, The Police are phenomenal. Not one bad album.
>>
File: sting-dune.jpg (54 KB, 483x720) Image search: [Google]
sting-dune.jpg
54 KB, 483x720
>implying you wouldn't
>>
>>63553139
i know right? thats what i am thinking too. just too bad sting is a fucking asshole and wont work with andy and stewart anymore.
>>
File: 51noo7vHTCL._SL500_.jpg (57 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
51noo7vHTCL._SL500_.jpg
57 KB, 500x500
their first two albums are 10/10
>>
>>63553481
Fucking this. They did the whole reggae/new wave thing better than anybody else. Definitely deserved all the praise and fame they got. Great musicians.
>>
They essentially single handedly invented reggae on that first record so they're pretty much untouchable.
>>
>>63553662
>invented reggae
Nah, but they helped popularize it in the mainstream and within new wave acts.
>>
>>63553481
>implying Zenyatta Mondatta and Ghost in the Machine aren't
>>
Stewart Copeland is a god-tier drummer.
>>
>>63553760
I think they are all 10/10 except synchronicity, its "only" an 8/10
>>
>>63553781
Check out his documentary The Rhythmatist if you haven't already.
>>
>>63553822
It would've been 10/10 if they had included Murder By Numbers
>>
>>63553822
Agreed. I always hear people on /mu/ talk about their albums are full of "filler." Songs like Canary in a Coalmine and Omega Man are fucking great. I don't get it.
>>
>>63553830
I have not but you can bet that I will now. Much thanks.
>>
>>63553830
So much this. I remember watching the interview which was 1985. Copeland being all eager to produce a new police album, saying the band is still holding together they are just taking a break. So fucking sad actually
>>
>>63553781
Doesn't he have an honorary doctorate in drumming?

He did the music for Spyro as well. That music is mad cool.
>>
Just for something different

Stewart Copeland & Stan Ridgeway(Wall of Voodoo) - Don't Box Me In
https://youtu.be/6gJtG5NC9kU

From The Rumblefish Soundtrack
>>
>>63554338
Yeah. I can recommend the Stewart Copeland Anthology if you are interested in his work. And also his solo work as Klark Kent. Which pretty much proves that he was the mastermind behind the police
>>
>>63553160
Brooooo. Movie was weird. I'll check police's first 2 abums if u say so
>>
File: album-left-side-of-the-brain.jpg (10 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
album-left-side-of-the-brain.jpg
10 KB, 500x500
>>63554383
>mastermind behind the police
I've always thought that. I have to admit I like Andy Summers. I like guitarists that use a lot of space.

Have you all heard Sting's son's band Fiction Plane? Pretty fucking good. Pete Wilhoit is the drummer, lot like Copeland.
https://youtu.be/wLyte2XsJcg
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.