[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I get some of their older albums being considered "experimental"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: anco.png (1 MB, 1196x776) Image search: [Google]
anco.png
1 MB, 1196x776
I get some of their older albums being considered "experimental" but why is that term used for these albums? This is literally indie pop.

Is it because they use whacky effects sometimes?
>>
>>63552711
"experimentalism" (read:noisemaking) is overrated
>>
>>63552711
The second half of Feels and half the tracks of Strawberry Jam are far from indie pop. Everything else is pop, but it's pretty ambitious for pop. A lot of MPP is built upon repetition and the use of samples is unique for pop.
>>
>>63552711
its not really indie pop except for feels. also this >>63552970
Listen to other indie albums at the time, and you'll see they dont really fall together.
>>
>>63553085
>>63552970
like i said the only thing that separates them are the "lol zany and whacko effects xD"

still retains the same amount of experimentation as the average indie pop album
>>
>>63553270
is this bait? also you refer to those albums as their "older albums"
>>
>>63553270
>wacky sound effects
Stop. Are you talking about the samples? (Which are actually part of the composition, not just tacked on) Or the 'weird' synth sounds?

Post an 'indie pop' song like Peacebone or #1 or Cuckoo Cuckoo or Unsolved Mysteries or Bees or Daffy Duck
>>
>>63552711
feels has plenty that's just as "experimental" as sung tongs, the line truly lies between feels and strawberry jam
>>
>>63553270
Dude, listen to #1 or Bees and tell me that is indie pop.

It's all psychedelic pop though.
>>
>>63553346
what? and no it isnt
>>63553403
im talking about "le whaky synthy sounds xDD" that mimic regular indie pop song structure. i'm convinced people only think it's experimental because it uses different sounds
>>63553491
what difference does it make? my point is that none of it is experimental
>>
>>63553594
experimental is a broad term.

>>63553491
also this, more psych pop than anything.
>>
File: Medulla.jpg (70 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Medulla.jpg
70 KB, 300x300
>>63553594
Things using different sounds is a good reason to call things experimental. This would be pop if it had normal instrumentation.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.