[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What was the point of Infinity?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: aphrodite.jpg (58 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
aphrodite.jpg
58 KB, 1000x1000
What was the point of Infinity?
>>
What was the point of this album?
>>
File: ummmmm.png (15 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
ummmmm.png
15 KB, 200x200
do I need to explain?
>>
>>63549811
To cuck Christians
>>
>>63549792

I ask myself that, I guess it was meant to be deep or something.

I really like the guitar on that album though. Underrated
>>
File: 1415107758817.jpg (47 KB, 452x452) Image search: [Google]
1415107758817.jpg
47 KB, 452x452
to fap
>>
The spoken word pieces have the strongest ties to 666's concept. Infinity is about the Beast misinterprets how Jesus will return ("Him who is, who was, and who is to come") by creating an endless cycle of self creation (as demonstrated by the orgasmic noises Papas creates), as the Beast's take on this is the far more egocentric "I am, I was, I am to come".
>>
>>63549792
What was the point of all the stupid two minute interludes throughout an 80 fucking minute album
>>
>>63552317

It was a collaboration between Vangelis and Costas Ferris. Ferris is a pretty renown playwright in Greece. A couple of the spoken word bits are his take on Biblical passages, like Seven Trumpets, Seven Bowls, etc. The song "Ofis" is a reenactment of a famous scene in Greek shadow theater in which Alexander the Great fends off a serpent, which I would assume is meant to represent man trying to fight off The Beast in the context of the album.
>>
>>63552279
>>63552367
Wow I didn't know that. Makes a lot more sense now.
>>
admit it the only reason people give this album a chance is because of the edgy title

>b-but vangelis

nope you know it's true
>>
>>63553798

It's about as edgy as the Book of Revelations is, anon.
>>
>>63553798
Exactly and i wasnt expecting much. I was blown away.
So fucking good Seven Trompets and The Battle Of The Locusts
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.