[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hello anons. Looking for some suggestions for music. Kinda in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: 508490.jpg (78 KB, 1032x774) Image search: [Google]
508490.jpg
78 KB, 1032x774
Hello anons. Looking for some suggestions for music. Kinda in weird mood atm. Something slow, melodic, kinda gloomy. A huge bonus would be lyrics that actually mean something.

Thank you.
>>
File: Dark_Side_of_the_Moon.png (22 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Dark_Side_of_the_Moon.png
22 KB, 300x300
>>
>>63545971
Thanks.
>>
>>63545962
OP here. Anything else to suggest? Maybe a little less psychedelic. Don't get me wrong i'm not saying that The Dark Side of Moon is bad tho.
>>
Animal Collective - Here Comes the Indian/Spirit They've Gone, Spirit They've Vanished
>>
>>63546276
Low - I could Live In Hope

Not groovy exactly but defiantly slow, melodic and gloomy, easily one of my favorite albums and the lyrics mean alot to me.
>>
>>63546356
From what i hear now that i started listening to the album, perfectly suits the mood.
>>
Cocteau Twins - Garlands. Not exactly slow but the bass lines are killer. Headphones suggested.
>>
>>63546356
This, Curtain Hits the Cast too!

Sparklehorse - It's a Wonderful Life
>>
>>63546404
No problem, enjoy all of Low they are great!
>>63546433
Listen to this dude too, Sparklehorse are perfect
>>
Seems i'm getting my hands full now. Gonna finish listening to I Could Live in Hope first, so it's gonna take a while till i get to the other suggestions.

Still keep em coming. And appreciate the help.
>>
>>63546508
No problem.

For now I would say if you enjoy Low then listen to other slowcore artists like Red House Painters, Carissa's Weird and Codeine.

Plus if you like Red House Painters then check out Mark Kozeleks other project Sun Kil Moon!
>>
>>63545962
>slow, melodic, gloomy

I guess Sunn O))) fits that description.
>>
>>63546613
Hmm, by the way. Any of the other suggestions have female vocals by any chance? If it would be like Low it would probably be perfect. It calms me even more down when i hear a slow, sweet woman voice.
>>
>>63545962

Atmosphere - When Life Gives You Lemons You Paint That Shit Gold

>>63546733

Tara Jane O'Neil - Peregrine.
>>
>>63546613
>>63546733
Carissa's weird has a female vocalist in the majority of their songs. She also has a solo project called S.

I would say both Carissa's weird and S have similarities to Low and you would enjoy both.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.