[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Genesis
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: GenesisLamb_enl.jpg (352 KB, 1600x1403) Image search: [Google]
GenesisLamb_enl.jpg
352 KB, 1600x1403
I like a decent chunk of prog but I've never found prog-era Genesis to be as good as most of their contemporaries like Soft Machine, Yes and King Crimson.
Is this because they're not or because I'm doing it wrong.
>>
Nah they fucking suck. Selling England is there only good album. Then again Yes has only done 1 good album too
>>
Try albums done with Collins on vocals but Hackett still in the band, especially A Trick of the Tail.
>>
>>63545428
I've only really listened to A Trick of the Tail and The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway. I've listened to Selling England once. Didn't LOVE any of it.
>>
>>63545265
I assume you're talking Close to the Edge?
>>
>>63545541
I like them for joining together pop elements and catchy melodies with pretty complex arrangements and instrumental parts. They may not have been the best out of the movement, but as far as catchy prog goes, they are up there I think.

Also, see if you enjoy Duke.
>>
This thread has triggered me massively.

OP I sincerely hope you die in a car fire.
>>
File: 1450636625968.jpg (60 KB, 550x366) Image search: [Google]
1450636625968.jpg
60 KB, 550x366
>>63545649
>tfw this thread
>tfw genesis is my favourite band

Ever since listening to Abacab way back when its been a sound I've loved. The lamb is probably my favourite album of all time.
>>
File: 1454858555012.jpg (30 KB, 320x241) Image search: [Google]
1454858555012.jpg
30 KB, 320x241
>Genesis worse than Yes
>>
Genesis is just not accessible. It takes several listens to really get into an album
I'm more of a modern progfag but Broadway is one of my favorite albums.
>>
Suppers Ready is probably their best prog piece, a 23 minute journey through the book of Revelation
>>
>>63545570
Actually No, but close to the edge is a killer song
>>
The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway is a god damned masterpiece OP
>>
>Doesn't mention the Tull as the best prog band of all time

PLebTaStE
>>
LAMB IS GOAT OP
>>
Jethro Tull > King Crimson > Yes > Pink Floyd > Genesis
>>
>>63546485
Yeah, i used to be into a lot of prog, and this is my favorite as well. Honestly I'd just recommend listening to that song.
>>
>>63546599
it's literally the opposite retard

well done
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.