[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can someone look over this choral score I wrote before I han
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (91 KB, 1136x587) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
91 KB, 1136x587
Can someone look over this choral score I wrote before I hand it in?

Also, general composition thread

Here's the score, sorry that it's on imgur: http://imgur.com/nbwC6vN
>>
>>63543644
I looked it over. Now what.
>>
>>63543920
Any comments?
>>
>>63543644
I can do this OP, but do you have a higher res version, this shit is too small
>>
>>63543988
I tried uploading to scribd, but it won't let me from mobile. Any other places I can upload a pdf?
>>
>>63543988
https://www.dropbox.com/s/o3comkeia5m8mfg/The_Absence.pdf?dl=0

Does this work?
>>
>>63543644

tenor low af
>>
>>63544094
Are you just talking about the A#?
>>
Are your 5/8 sections 12123 or 12312? You have conflicting beaming.
>>
File: image.png (62 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.png
62 KB, 640x1136
>>63544182
There are both divisions in the score. I'm realizing that sections like this might be beamed wrong, am I right?
>>
>>63543954
I don't have perfect pitch so I can't really hear it in my head. I can sort of make out what the intervals would sound like, rhythm is no biggie, I just don't have that pitch association and don't really want to try to sing it all through relative pitch, I'm just trying to enjoy a meal here.
>>
>>63544237
Well it depends. Do you want that interpretation playing against the other? If not, fix your beaming.
>>
>>63543954
make it so that at the end of the piece every note repeats but backwards and for twice the length until the last half where you speed it up to four times the original length and invert all the notes about middle C.
>>
>>63544276
I do want them playing against each other, but will changing the beaming make it better to read?
>>
>>63544350
No, it may confuse the performers a bit, but in the notes just let it be known you want that 3 against 2 interp and all should be well.
>>
>>63544350
Not that guy but no, if your intended effect is to have those two types of beats going on. If you want to be super sure write that into your performance notes.
>>
>>63544350
I mean it's just that right hand piano that's feeling it in 2 + 3 instead of 3 + 2. Should be cool. Pianist may or may not like it

Some people bitch about it some just play what's on the page
Source: performance major
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.