[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How does /mu/ feel about Wayne Coyne?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 4
File: waynecoyne.jpg (62 KB, 542x419) Image search: [Google]
waynecoyne.jpg
62 KB, 542x419
How does /mu/ feel about Wayne Coyne?
>>
>>63542110
I love the 1984-2004 Wayne.

2005-present Wayne is a doucher
>>
is he wearing a fedora in that pic?
>>
>>63542135
Ahh, fuck you he's doing what he loves.

Love the guy.
>>
>>63542135
Embryonic was good though
>>
he looks like an older, washed out danny sexbang
>>
The Even More Flaming Lips
>>
>>63542110
I dig him. Soft Bulletin-At War with the Mystics era Coyne was best, but I really enjoyed the Peace Sword EP
>>
the lips were godtier until he started filling the midlife-crisis hole in his heart with miley cyrus.

seriously, i'm an enormous lips fan and have met the dude twice. he's cool. but dead petz was some serious dogshit.
>>
>>63542164
Doesn't change the fact that it was made by a doucher
>>63542158
He loves to cheat on his wife and promote the WEED XD image? I suppose
>>
>>63542255
>seriously, i'm an enormous lips fan and have met the dude twice
When?
>>
>>63542288
>he loves to cheat on his wife
which automatically makes the rest of his character awful, becuase "hurr durr this is /mu/ and I have to feel strongly about everything" when you've never actually met the guy, whereas I have, and can confirm- he's fucking chill.
>WEED XD image
"if you're going to do drugs, make you do them safely and with your friends" - Wayne Coyne
>>
>>63542110
He is the most important band of 2016
>>
>>63542307
Honestly if the Lips are doing a show somewhere Wayne's guaranteed to be around somewhere in that city.
>>
>>63542307
Once at my birthday and once at the grocery store in OKC. He's close friends with my sister. He actually admitted to cominbg on /mu/ once in a while. Interesting guy.
>>
>>63542383
>which automatically makes the rest of his character awful, becuase "hurr durr this is /mu/ and I have to feel strongly about everything" when you've never actually met the guy,
I've met him a bunch of times. You?
>>63542383
>"if you're going to do drugs, make you do them safely and with your friends"
[citation needed]
>>63542423
No, what year?
>>
>>63542437
I've literally just told you I've met him. Met him in the UK (Liverpool).

oh and that was paraphrasing but it's said here
http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/features/flaming-lips-frontman-wayne-coyne-on-drugs-showmanship-and-working-with-miley-cyrus-10290168.html
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WESzcFiEP4M
>>
>>63542522
>I've literally just told you I've met him
So you met mid-life crisis doucher Wayne?

WOW I"M AMAZED

Let him know next time when he comes to your 16th birthday no one likes him anymore.
>oh and that was paraphrasing but it's said here
No a source pre-2004
>>
>>63542587
You sound so fucking mad fammo.
>>
Telepathic Surgery is their best album
>>
>>63542659
at what?
>>
>>63542676
Go to bed Scruffy
>>
How the fuck to do pronounce this guys name fuck it pisses me off
>>
>>63542767
Wayne Coin.
>>
>>63542676
not their best but it has some great moments for sure
>>
File: SleepyPepeMeme.png (82 KB, 249x239) Image search: [Google]
SleepyPepeMeme.png
82 KB, 249x239
The acclaim for The Soft Bulletin and the resulting popularity just fucked this band's shit up. Now they're just DUDE GIANT CROWDSURFING BALL: The Band

But at least they are the most important band of 2016.
>>
>>63542710
The fact I'd just refuted both your arguments and now you're moving the goalposts.
>>
File: 1458515249527.jpg (150 KB, 1280x847) Image search: [Google]
1458515249527.jpg
150 KB, 1280x847
What happened?
>>
>>63542110
Bullshitter turning wank into cash
>>
>>63542805
how are they the most patrician band from 2016
>>
>>63542181
hahahahahaha holy fucking shit
>>
how tall is wayne? is he a manlet?
>>
>>63542827
>The fact I'd just refuted both your argument
Not a proper refute for both
>now you're moving the goalposts.
How so?

Also, are you OP?
>>
>>63542803
what is the best then?
>>
>>63542930
I'm not OP.

You moved the goalposts by requesting a pre-2004 source (why?). And yeah it was a proper refute. You're the one making the claim that he's a douche. I'm telling you he may not be as bad as you think he is.
>>
>>63542959
The Soft Bulletin, obviously.
>>
i think he's mentally ill or something cause whatever i liked about flaming lips has deteriorated
>>
>>63542959
probably transsmisions imo
>>
>>63542959
clouds taste metallic
>>
>>63542110
He's made some good music but he's full-on Midlife Crisis Man right now. Shit's embarassing
>>
>>63543032
>Band gets older and less exciting
NO WAY. HOLD THE FUCKIN PHONES.
>>
They're the best band out there right now IMO
>>
>>63542980
>You moved the goalposts by requesting a pre-2004 source (why?)
See >>63542135
You must be a pretty new Flaming Lips fan to see he's changed is stance considerably as an image.
>You're the one making the claim that he's a douche
Correct. NOW. When I met him a number of times on the Soft Bulletin tour, he was quite chill (remember when he used to move his own gear? No I suppose you wouldn't).
>>
Went to their show during Embryonic tour, and it was as fantastic as their performances are known to be. But, yeah, his publicity as of late kind of leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Discography varies, always felt like they were the KISS of indie/psych rock. Not necessarily a bad thing - maximum entertainment value with a few catchy tunes thrown into the mix.
>>
>>63543115
You're a fucking retard. My point is to prove he is not a douche NOW (the point, the point the point you fucking dense cunt) therefore both my sources being dated after 2005
>Hurr durr u must not have seen him in the good old days so ur new hehe that'll get him
You're worse than a fucking dadrocker.
>>
>>63543189
What does it taste like?
>>
>>63543248
kek
>>
>>63543239
>My point is to prove he is not a douche NOW
Except the cheating on his wife, turning on his fans, changing his image to be more blatantly obnoxious, then trying to cater to old fans who abandoned by exploiting them?
>>Hurr durr u must not have seen him in the good old days so ur new hehe that'll get him
You sound so fucking mad fammo.
>>
>>63543248

Old man sperg.
>>
>>63543310
>cheating on his wife
good job judging a guy on something you have no knowledge about. You sound like fucking tumblr.
>turning on his fans
citation, a puhlease
>changing his image to be more blatantly obnoxious
I honestly have no idea what this means, I met him, many others have, he seems fine.
>trying to cater to old fans by exploiting them
what?
>>
>>63543380
>good job judging a guy on something you have no knowledge about
Then explain it.
>citation, a puhlease
Intentionally cutting off ties to the Lips Bored
>I honestly have no idea what this means,
Perhaps you shouldn't be discussing things you don't understand
>what?
See: overpriced reissues of already-released material, inauthentic live concerts of older albums in their entirety.
>>
>>63543428
>explain it.
See my first argument here >>63542383
>cutting off ties to the lips bored
Sorry, I don't know about that, what happened there?

and not a surprise to me but your last two arguments are bullshit too. Fairly sure the older material re-release is Wayne's idea all alone and totally nothing to do with Warner Bros. because big labels have never done that before have they?
>>
>>63543575
wow
>>
too much psychadelic drugs and miley cyrus for his own good
>>
>>63543619
wow
>>
>>63543575
>See my first argument here
Doesn't address my argument. Try again.
>Sorry, I don't know about that
Perhaps you shouldn't be discussing things you don't understand
>Fairly sure the older material re-release is Wayne's idea all alone and totally nothing to do with Warner Bros. because big labels have never done that before have they?
Grasping for straws here.
>>
>>63543663
>Explain something neither of us have any background on or has any relevance whatsoever to the argument.
No that's not an argument buddy.
>Perhaps you shouldn't be discussing things you don't understand
Nor is this an argument. I was also genuinely asking. If you explained it I might re-evaluate my argument or change views, but you don't know how an argument works.
>You make a point
>I make a point refuting your point
>"ooh look at him grasping for straws"
>>
>>63543663
ow
>>
>>63542110
How do you pronounce his last name?
>>
>>63543619
>>63543773
these are so obviously you>>63543663
>>
>>63542110
>still spamming this shit every hour upon hour
>>
>>63543822
yoy
>>
>>63543764
>>Explain something neither of us have any background on
Except you implied you did, so explain it. I'll show you my source after you show yours.
>Nor is this an argument.
I already made my argument. You refuted it with "gee idk" Please pay attention.
>If you explained it I might re-evaluate my argument or change views
I don't care if you do.
>>I make a point refuting your point
You mean implying that WB, without Wayne's consent, would reissue a 3CD set of an album that initially bombed? At the same time the band is self-financing a documentary on tat album? Stop being an idiot.
>>
File: Nice.jpg (9 KB, 376x111) Image search: [Google]
Nice.jpg
9 KB, 376x111
>>63543821
Grasping for more straws
>>
he's a nobhead
>>
This thread:
people arguing
people reposting "once good but now lame"
>>
>>63544181
woooow!
Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.