[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/Slowcore/ general
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: 1451613325199.jpg (38 KB, 568x504) Image search: [Google]
1451613325199.jpg
38 KB, 568x504
/slowcore/ general - It's my birthday and I wish I was drunk EDITION

So let's celebrate this matter with the finest wines known to humanity: fucking slow ass indie rock.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ir70GjpyEW8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjyF7UC6i34

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqPQERTDsxg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wA_S8TlLu0
>>
>>63540436
Codiene is not indie rock in any way
>>
>>63540598
Genres are just arbitrary in my opinion. What is "Indie" or "Alternative" anyway? Whatever, I mean isn't slowcore exactly the kind of music that acknowledges this? What the fuck does RHP have to do with Duster? It's just a genre that's full of music that didn't fit into other genres.
>>
>>63540630
To a degree they are useful no one would confuse blues with house music or metal. The issue is the tiny genres that try and be overly specific
>>
90's Cat Power all day
>>
>>63540653
Shit, Moon Pix and What Would The Community think are brilliant. I remember when I first listened to Moon Pix. I thought she was some singer-songwriter shit like Feist or something, easy listening. That shit wrecked me for days, something about it connects with you.
>>
>>63540436
What is the best slow core band
>>
>>63540711
Red House Painters all day
then: Low, Duster, the smaller ones like Bluetile Lounge, Codeine, Idaho
I think that early Smiths, especially the s/t was the blueprint for many bands that play in that style. I mean DCH almost sounds like slowed down, more painful Smiths songs. But as a whole, almost every band has something worth listening.
>>
>>63540711
Way too many good ones to find a ultimate best.

Gravenhurst are REALLY underrated though.
>>
I like how you fags jerk off over entry level shit like duster and RHP when Bedhead are literally 1000x better than both.
>>
>>63540892
They are better than duster but rhp deserves it's spot as the best slowcore band
>>
>>63540892
>Bedhead
that's mumblecore not slowcore dummy
>>
>>63540598
I like Frigid Stars. :)
>>
>>63541049
Yeah I think white birch is a little better
>>
File: 1443276459990.jpg (144 KB, 688x750) Image search: [Google]
1443276459990.jpg
144 KB, 688x750
>>63541087
>I'll throw sand in your eye
>You need a reason to cry
>I'll throw sand in your eye
>I need a reason to smile
shit it's still to early here for this
>>
>>63541129
Michael is one of the few songs that makes cry every time, one of my friend became a schizophrenic.
>You're the oldest juvenile delinquent bum
>My Best Friend
>>
>>63540436
>slowcore
>anything but Red House Painters and Lisa Germano

Ok...............

t. Sandro Scaruffi
>>
>>63541565
Michael feels intensely personal to me even though I never had a close friend. But man, Take Me Out is even worse, or Drop. Drop is probably the most emotionally draining song I've ever heard. It's not even sad, just like a grey tunnel, pure apathy.
>>
Can I get some recs? I like Carissa's Wierd and Angel Olsen but that's about as far as my knowledge goes, would like to get more into this stuff.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.