[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>try to get rid of all preconceptions (memes, reviews, popularity,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: 1440625884027.png (155 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
1440625884027.png
155 KB, 512x384
>try to get rid of all preconceptions (memes, reviews, popularity, etc.) when listening to music
>try to listen deeply to the music itself
>don't know what to think about or how to judge the music
>music's just a bunch sounds to you
>tfw realize you literally have no taste
>>
but u can't see that simpson's face you don't know the feel or the face
>>
Stop thinking too much
>>
>try to get rid of all preconceptions (memes, reviews, popularity, etc.) when listening to music
This is where you're wrong. If new music has been covered by a major publication, you're wasting your time listening to it.
>>
>>63538961

Regardless of how much I analyze or try to turn my brain off and listen merely for pleasure, I run into the same problem. It's just sounds to me. I just can't get into music anymore.
>>
>>63538940
>>63538994
Are you over 30?
>>
>>63539013

No. 20s. Do people stop liking music when they're 30? Am I maturing too fast?
>>
>>63538994
Do you have ADHD or something?
>>
>>63539080

No, not at all. I can sit with a book for hours, and get into very slow paced movies. It's just that music is losing its effect on me.
>>
>>63538940
ur listening to the wrong music brudda
>>
>>63538994
"analyze" it how?
>>
Well music literally is just a bunch of sounds

Life is meaningless
>>
File: 4pgpNcN.jpg (63 KB, 480x608) Image search: [Google]
4pgpNcN.jpg
63 KB, 480x608
Music is just what our ears perceive
Perception is reality
Reality is just of chemicals in our head
These chemicals tell us that our reality is just a set of chemicals
Batman kills Superman
>>
>>63540372
There's meaning, it's just not defined
>>
>>63538994
>>63539033
I just know intuitively what I like and don't like, for example if I hear a nice bass line I know I like it and then later try to analyze it to figure out exactly what makes me like it to deepen my appreciation for it. The fact that you're hear means you've enjoyed music in your life, so you're over thinking everything to an absurd degree. I would just not worry about it and forget it for a while, when you come back you'll intuitively remember how to effortlessly enjoy music
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.