[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
still their best work argue with me
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
still their best work

argue with me
>>
but it's true
>>
But you're right
>>
thats not govt plates
>>
>>
>>63538210
It's still worse than Govt Plates and No Love Deep Web
>>
well Niggas on the moon exists

Ex Military is what people who have never heard them think all their albums sound like. It was the most abrasive and had the best Stefan screams but it goes on too long at parts.
>>
Only good song
>Beware
>Lord of the game
>Takyon
>Known for it
>I want it I need it

okay album but definitely not the best
>>
>>63538210
I only listen to Guillotine, Takyon, and Lord of the Game
>>
>>63538210
Nope
>>
>>63538252
yeah Death Grips stopped being abrasive in like 2012. I hate readin the Hot Head comments like "le what did i just listen to " "was that music" like hot head is one of their tamest tracks. they built this reputation off of one album and people assume thats what their getting every time kind of annoying imo
>>
File: (5D).jpg (103 KB, 596x596) Image search: [Google]
(5D).jpg
103 KB, 596x596
>>63538210
I've kind of grown tired of it. I don't like most of the lyrics on this album. I still think Beware and Takyon are incredible, Thru the Walls, Guillotine and Known For It are really good too. But a lot of it falls flat. Lord of the Game and (especially) Spread Eagle Cross the Block are just lame tracks, lyrically they're like elementary compared to their other stuff, I get nothing out of them. I used to love "I Want It I Need It" when I was just getting into them, but now that one bores me too.

The closer is interesting, it's not a track I listen to a lot, but it's cool.

There's just something about this album with the context of the later ones that makes it weaker to me. The lyrical content just falls flat (outside of Beware) and the production isn't so incredible that it shames the other, there's a certain rawness about the sound that is really good on a handful of the tracks, but nothing they didn't outdo on consecutive albums. Ride's vocal performance also feels like an act on this album when you compare it to the other ones, there's no range, it's just the same across the entire album, and while he's probably more consistently loud on this one than he is on the others, the others are more guttural and human, much better performance in my opinion.

The more I listen to this band, the more I like Government Plates. I'd still never call it their best due to how lackluster it is in the sense that they don't do a lot with the songs. The production however is fantastic and their use of samples and Zach's work on the v-drums is incredible.
>>
>>63538210
youre right though
its the most cohesive
>>
>>63538252
notm might be actually their worst
>>
Serious question

What do people like about Spread Eagle Cross The Block? It's the worst song they've ever made. It sounds god awful, Stefan is obnoxious on it, lyrics are terrible.
>>
death grips is the shittiest music ever made
>>
>>63538290
>no mention of Spread Eagle Cross the Block
why?
>>
>cringey straight forward lyricism
>amateurish production/sampling
>better than their later more matured/realized/nuanced records
ok kid

[spoiler]it's still pretty good[/spoiler]
>>
>>63540134
because it is god awful
>>
>>63538229
>ranking gov't plates higher than anything other than fashion week

fuck off
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.