[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm fairly new to /mu/, so forgive me. What's the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 2
File: The Life of Pablo 3.jpg (105 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
The Life of Pablo 3.jpg
105 KB, 640x640
I'm fairly new to /mu/, so forgive me.

What's the overall consensus of this album here?
>>
File: image.png (129 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
image.png
129 KB, 300x300
>>
its pretty bad
>>
>>63534627
>>
>>63534612
i hyped it up a lot when it first dropped and would have said it's a 9 but lately i've been feeling more like an 8

which is still a great record to me but i don't think it's one of his best
>>
go to bed ingrid
>>
its pretty good

the majority of people dont like it though, i think it might be because of the whole /v/ tier circlejerks from newfags here.

you should just listen to the album yourself though and create your own opinion
>>
>>63534612
Whilst it's true that kanye's overrated, and people hate him for that, in reality the album's pretty good. Wouldn't say it's on par with LR and MBDTF, but it's definitely up there
>>
I just smoked recently and it revamped the hype for me. I'm feeling a 8.9 but others have given it lower. Overall consensus is mixed to positive though. Not very many people outside of 4chan have been slamming it
>>
>>63534612
I really liked it
>>
>>63534612
4/10
>>
>>63534612
6.5/10 pretty big disappointment honestly given the great singles leading up to it, those 3 songs and FML are my favorites. also the new wolves fucking sucks
>>
Weakest Ye
>>
7/10
Overall I'm dissapointed with it.
It's got some stupid fucking lyrics, but I'd be lying if I said it wasn't enjoyable
>>
>>63534612
4-5/10
>>
6/10, it's passable and filled the void for new 'Ye in my life but it's not anything I'll carry with me for too long outside of a couple tracks.
>>
Slight return to pre-Yeezus style but with the same failings as Yeezus. And yet at least Yeezus felt somewhat cohesive.
For every positive there is a negative so you're left feeling dissatisfied with the overall project.
>>
I really like ultralight beam but nothing else stands out to me i'd give it like a 5-6
>>
It has Kanye best and worst tracks simultaneously. It was premature, as I feel like 90% of the tracks are there to fill a tracklist. Father stretch my hands, feedback, fade and at least two more that i can't remembEr. It is a mess and the only reason people react positively is because of the status quo music journalism has with Kanye. Yeezus was better honestly. 4/10
>>
yeezus was better.

take that as you will.
>>
>>63537633
it was different, both albums expose different parts of this black egomaniac
>>
consensus was 7/8 until fantano review came out and then it became 5/6
>>
it's not that great unless you use an alt track list, then it's an 8
>>
>>63534612
It feels so unfinished. I'm not sure whether Kanye was intentionally trying to create an album that is inextricably in the moment of creative process rather than presented as a finished product, but its an interesting aesthetic choice even if the album falls on its face occasionally with some rough edges and shoddy lyrics.
>>
for me it's always been 4/5, no matter what fantano says
>>
>>63534612
Everything is pretty fantastic except for Lowlights. I'm a self confessed Kanye fanboy and I'm biased by Lowlights made me cringe so hard and I've never hated a Kanye track.
>>
4/10
>>
>>63534632
>>63534648
>>63534711
>>63535588
>>63535595
>>63535727
>>63535745
>>63536170
>>63536188
>>63536778
>>63537633
>>63538015
>>63538490
wow guys truly great criticism, you really justified your opinions well
Sometimes I truly believe /mu/ is like 50% robots just crapping out random numerical scores and generic comments
I think the album is a shoopdedoop/423943593
>>
6.5/10
only good tracks are ULB, FSMH 1 & 2, FML, Real Friends, Wolves and NMPILA
and they're pretty damn good tracks
>>
It's amazing OP (Original Pablo). People here kick and scream because they hate the way Yeeezy acts in public and they can't stand the thought of an album that will receive updates like it's a software program. However, you can bet your bleached asshole that it's easily the best album this year.
>>
Not his best, but still a great album probably 8/10.

And as much as I hate to say it fantano was right about Fade.
>>
It grows on you
>>
>>63534612
Overall concensus is that it's okay. Not shit, not amazing, but over average and listenable. For some people it grew on them, for some others it got worse over time.
Doesn't help that the full album is yet to be released.
>>
>>63538581
I mean, you're not wrong.
>>
>>63538742
LOL
>>
>>63538742
this
>>
>>63538917
Opposite effect you pleb. After ai gave the whole record about 5 listens I can say that it is a 5/10 for me.

It seems like he put zero effort into this album. He isnt even producing that much and when he is its literally very simple shit either throw a whole sample inthere or put a few synths.

His lyrics are literally laughable. There is nothing of value inhis lyrics.
>"I wish my dick had a go pro"
>"if i get bleach on my t shirt, ima feel like an asshole"
>"only problem is im rich!"

The highlights of the album can be attributed to other people other than Kanye.

Favorite songs: FSMH Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, No more parties in LA

The best produced songs arent even Kanye on the album. The best verses arent Kanye. The overall product is really weak. You really can tell because even his Stans are giving the album an 8/10 or 7.5/10 and normally they will just throw a 9 or 10 his way.

I dont hate Kanye at all but jeez if people consider this art in any way then they need to listen to more music. Absolutely pathetic
>>
>>63539283
Finally an actual review
>>
>>63539376
yeh shame it sucked ass and was so fucking vague in its criticism and he didnt back his points up with any examples except parroting the same 3 lyrics that have been constantly talked about since its release. im giving that review a light 3.
>>
>>63538742
You said it better than I could. Bloody brilliant album
>>
>>63538581
Holy shit the OP asked us what we think are we all expected to write an essay?

Sorry I forgot to indent my paragraph sir, I'll blow you if you pass me
>>
>>63539439
What else do you need to know about your shit album Kanye? How the best production on the album comes from Metro Boomin and Madlib. Or how about how the only verses the really stick out arent Kanyes (ultralight beam) (Designerr). The abomination of low lights and its horrible production. I use those lines because they literally stick out when listening tothe album. They are terrible. I cant name wacker verses.

Why do you dick ride Kanye so much that any criticism is "not valid" or "you didnt say why its bad" yes i did. Its a sloppy album and he knows it thats why he keeps tuning it. Just get over it.

Or you could explain WHY YOU LIKED IT. The burder of proof isnt on people that didnt like the album. The album has to be praised first then critics have to explain why they didnt like it. Why dont you say why you liked it? Is it because its Kanye?

>"i miss the old Kanye, chop up the soul Kanye" he misses the times he was inspired now hes just a comercial rapper trying to sell his brand and youve bought it. Congrats you are an even bigger pleb now
>>
>>63539439
You got BTFO'D

You cant even explain why YOU like it
>>
>>63534612
I thought it was the worst kanye album
The rollout process deflated the release
The features and producer roster was boring and safe
>>
>>63539580
>implying i liked it

just think your inarticulate desu, very bad summary of the albums short comings. please dont start a music blog.
>>
>>63539621
see
>>63539633

also check those fucking digits you chumps
>>
>>63539633
*you're
>>
>>63539633
Ahahahah

>i didnt like it

This damage control. You shit on others for voicing their opinion on an album you apparently dont have an opinion on.

Why you so mad then? Did your lord and savior Kanye West not make the album you were hoping for?
Ahahahahahaha go back to /v/ kiddo. You arent patrician enough to comment on others criticisms
>>
>>63539769
its a mongolian spear hunting image board not a grammar test. just accept you did a terrible job of slamming that album and then assumed i was a ye dick rider for no reason whatsoever.
>>
>>63539633
>this damage control
>>
>>63539808
>this is damage control

this is projection

as you wanted me to defend what i liked about the album, what did YOU like about that critique? point out specific points where valid points were raised that werent merely surface level observations that arent incredibly here to everyone. it just wasnt that good a criticism imo.
>>
>>63539828
How is it a bad criticism?

Its obvious you are a fan because you are butthurt someone actual told you the truth on this album. You just keep commiting fallacies anyway.

>herp derp Im just in this thread because i dont care about this album to have an opinion, im just here to criticize criticisms because my intellect is superior

Kek youre cringeworthy m8
>>
6/10

I have no complex criticism because it doesn't fucking matter in the long run, I'm an amateur music listener, and I don't give a shit about what you idiots think of my opinions.
>>
>>63539871
I dont read or watch other criticisms of albums. So it was all what I gathered about the album and it was a better job than anyone else in the thread.

>hey why dont you write the best music review on a weeb music board using your phone while at work

Youre so retarded and youre really stretching. I could give you a track by track analyst but speaking to you in those ways wouldnt get through to you because of your 3rd grade level reading comprehension.
>>
>>63539876
point out enlightening sections of his critique. why is so unbelievable i thought it was underserving of this post?

>>63539376

how is it anymore precise or coherent in its criticism/appraisal than anything else in the thread.

>>63539931
>its a great critique
>hurr durr its 4chan im not wasting my great critique on you, retard.

nice hypocrisy senpai desu baka
>>
>>63539974
>While im at work
>on my phone

Like I said your reading comprehension is terrible. Are you still in highschool?
>>
>>63540224
>being on my phone means i can only write vague observations dressed up as ground breaking music journalism. why post at all then you dense fuck
>>
>>63538581
go back to ktt then pleb
>>
>>63540573
Who said anything about groundbreaking? I had the longest post in the thread. And Brought up points that I found that makes the album bad in my opinion. You are so assblasted that your role models album was just a mediocre 5/10
>>
its good unlike mbdtf or yeezus and if u think otherwise get out
>>
6/10. It's easily the worst thing Kanye has released but it still isn't terrible. There are some fun parts to it. If you really like rap I'd say it's worth a listen.
>>
pretty good. easily a 8.5/10
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.