[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Explain how AnCo is good. Use specific musical terminology in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5
File: Panda-Bear.jpg (131 KB, 608x685) Image search: [Google]
Panda-Bear.jpg
131 KB, 608x685
Explain how AnCo is good.
Use specific musical terminology in your response.
I dare you.
>>
>>63532058
AnCo is good because it is
>>
u gay tho
>>
Nobody cares about this band outside of this little niche board.
>>
poly-rhythms. harmonies. hocketing. drone. texture. aesthetic. soundscaping.
>>
There is no way to explain why any music is objectively good, using specific music terminology or not.
>>
They. Have. Good. Melodies.
>>
a third-rate Beatles melodies
third-rate Beach Boys harmonies
third-rate sound effects
>>
>>63532058

I like the vibrations they cause in my ears
>>
their SONGS are very MUSICAL and they SOUND good to me
>>
>>63532058
Because people genuinely enjoy it.
//thread
>>
>>63532726
There are people that genuinely enjoy eating shit
>>
>>63532171
Hell yeah they do
>>
>>63532058
rugrats SOUNDTRACK copycats
>>
>>63532265
Oh god yes. Mm, those textures.
>>
DUDE RUGRATS MUSIC WITH HARMONIES LMAO
>>
File: cute anime pic 0288.png (214 KB, 424x430) Image search: [Google]
cute anime pic 0288.png
214 KB, 424x430
>>63534033
Rugrats theme had a harmony though
>>
>>63532058
>mfw rapfags are so angry and unoriginal that they even "sample" the threads that piss them off

>mfw rapfags can't into music theory
>>
Explosions of random texture that slowly transforms into brilliant trancelike melody
>>
Music tastes are subjective.
/thread
Kys OP.
>>
File: Capture189.png (8 KB, 52x59) Image search: [Google]
Capture189.png
8 KB, 52x59
Already tired of this meme.
>>
>>63536149
i hated it at first, im started to into it now
>>
>>63532468
Moonjock
>>
File: panda-bear-daft-punk.jpg (23 KB, 499x308) Image search: [Google]
panda-bear-daft-punk.jpg
23 KB, 499x308
>>63532058
Panda Bear's Person Pitch performs a spectacular deconstruction of pop and folk music. The vocal harmonies recall the Beach Boys, the melodies evoke cheesy bubblegum acts such as 10 CC. Comfy In Nautica a-cappella children's hymn with loud rhythmic clapping amid assorted electronic effects. The spaced-out vocals, the multi-part harmonies, the cascading melody of Take Pills sound positively like harkening from the psychedelic Sixties, but the song is typical of how the rhythms, whose effect is often enhanced by loops, transport Panda Bear's ditties into another orbit and another planet. Panda Bear weaves singalongs that ride layers of humble arrangements according to an ancestral logic of tribal repetition and jovial self-parody.
Sometimes his music sounds like folk-rock in the hands of a primitive tribe, as in the hypnotic, epic 12-minute Bros, sung with an attitude that sits halfway between Brazialian saudade and a stoned hippy's nonchalance (the vocals are distorted and reverbed) while the jingling percussion gets more and more intense. (The next song, I'm Not, sounds like an appendix focusing mostly on loops of dreamy vocals without the rhythm).
Moments of percussive trance and ecstatic singing also surface from the melodic crevices of the 13-minute Good Girl/Carrots, that replaces the collective hammering of Bros with dissonant industrial loops and beeps and hisses. The singing here is a mere corollary to the grotesque soundscape. (And, again, the orgy is followed by a piece of floating free-form vocals).
Panda Bear has installed a giant mirror in the sky to project Earth's life onto another galaxy.
>>
>>63532058
What I like about them is their native american and other shamanistic native/tribe influences mixed with freak folk. This is of course mostly heard on HCTI, ST and Feels but it's in there somewhere on all their other stuff too. That's what got me into them in the first place back in 04.
>>
>>63534015
>>63534033
>>63534087
But the Rugrats theme was a rip off of Hans Zimmer though.
>>
>>63532754
how does those people eating shit effect your life at all?
>>
>>63537508
Not AnCo though.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.