[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are /mu/s thoughts on this guy?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: Elliott_smith_figure_8_cover.jpg (36 KB, 391x400) Image search: [Google]
Elliott_smith_figure_8_cover.jpg
36 KB, 391x400
What are /mu/s thoughts on this guy?
>>
great
>>
>>63529932
depression gimmick shit
>>
>>63529961
eh
>>
File: 1454131514851.jpg (36 KB, 506x404) Image search: [Google]
1454131514851.jpg
36 KB, 506x404
>>63529961
wew
>>
>>63529932

He's one of my favorite artists. I love Roman Candle, S/T, and Either/Or.
>>
Bitches are crazy
>>
His songs are really good, but his voice sometimes annoys me. Plus he was an annoying person desu
>>
>>63530805
Annoying person how?
>>
Extremely talented and prolific artist, and he was getting better all the time, it's such a shame we lost him. Not a fan of everything he did but some of his stuff is unforgettable.
>>
>>63529932
Amazing. Really, really fucking good. I can see why there are a lot of people who don't like what he does, but his music hits me like no other. Super sad how he died.
XO is best album.
>>
Favorite artist of all time desu senpai

>>63533013
I was kind of bored by XO the first time I heard it but last week I started listening to it again and now I can't fucking put it down. It's like Figure 8 without all the things that suck about Figure 8.
>>
>>63529932
Whiny

Nick Drake is the only lonely depressed artist worth listening to
>>
OBJECTIVE ELLIOTT POWER RANKING (even though they're all top tier albums)

>Elliott Smith
>XO
>From A Basement On The Hill (RIP non-fucked version)
>Roman Candle
>Either/Or
>Figure 8 = New Moon

Any questions?
>>
>>63533184
Yes, are you Elliott Smith?
>>
>>63533204
Yeah hey man it's me Elliott how's it going

Sorry my family fucked my last album's shit up by the way
>>
>>63533055
Agreed. All those complex instrumental harmonies and riffs without the mediocre filler songs. There's not a single song on the album I'd say isn't on par.
>>
>>63533067
And giles corey
>>
he was very happy to be called a pop musician, which i respect,even though he was never really thought of one. Beautiful and unique melodies. Reminds me of mother natures son.
>>
a great guitar player. the man is an inspiration to me. definitely one of my most listened to artists
>>
>>63529932
he's the fuckin real deal
stands the test of time
not just depressing as a gimmick or for the sake of being depressing, just real
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.